PDA

View Full Version : week long headache

ellie_C_mason1990
13-10-13, 17:13
I'm really worried and panicking about my mum, she had an intense headache a week ago which seemed like a migrane, intense and she was light\noise sensitive, was sick. The pain lessened later in the day, but since then she has had a light headache in her face, cheeks and down her neck. She is going to the doctors tomorrow but meanwhile I am so worried as of course, I am thinking the worst.
Does anyone know another explanation for this long headache that's not brain tumour? Or have heard of migrane residual symptoms lasting a week? I am scared :(

rebeccad
13-10-13, 18:49
Perhaps it's a virus ? I had a stuffy head and sickness feeling for about 3 weeks x

ellie_C_mason1990
14-10-13, 20:48
Thanks for the reply
Yes we thought about that but she hasn't had any other cold symptoms :( which makes me worry!

Emma17
14-10-13, 21:28
I recently got over the worst virus I have EVER had - which consisted of.. A constant headache which wouldn't ease - despite taking regular tablets every 4 hours! I also had a horrible neck ache to go with this and felt sick (although I was never actually sick) - I too had no flu symptoms but went to the doctor and they assured me it was just a virus and not to worry! Hope she feels better xxx

mummyanxious
14-10-13, 22:59
How did she get on at the dr?

ellie_C_mason1990
15-10-13, 10:18
Thank you so much- I will remember that and hope it is a virus !

She was supposed to get an emergency appoinment yesterday but then she didn't as the pain went down a bit and she said she doesn't see it as an emergency
Think I will tell her that my health anxiety extends to other people! As I'm not sleeping well cause of this. I wish I could be as un worried as she is!

Emma17
16-10-13, 00:20
My health anxiety also extends to other people - I CONSTANTLY worry about my son (normal being a mother - but I mean, I'm obsessive!!) and also my friends and family! The change in weather also affects my headache too? Hope she's feeling better now xx

paul2013
16-10-13, 01:00
Try a teaspoon of arm and hammer pure baking soda on a glass of water. Or a Coca Cola can can temporary help for head ahes. cheers

ellie_C_mason1990
17-10-13, 12:18
Thanks for the tip!:)
She has still got it but has an appointment on monday
Going to practice my mindfullness, there is nothing I can do about it, need to focus on today etc!
It never ends does it?