PDA

View Full Version : whats your "thing" if ypu have one

bigh123
13-10-13, 18:21
so do you have a "thing" that worries you and you seem to focus on . For me its getting sickness bugs

Rennie1989
13-10-13, 18:33
My main one is being taken away from my loved ones and locked up, be it prison or a psychiatric hospital. No idea where it came from, whether if it was my close call of being taken to a psychiatric hospital or because I'm more settled, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

bigh123
13-10-13, 18:37
my anxietys come out of nowhere but looking back i can see its been building up fir a looking time

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

damn spell checker shoulda said long time

Rennie1989
13-10-13, 18:47
Have you considered a talking therapy to get to the route cause of it?

theharvestmouse
13-10-13, 19:49
My big thing, fear of rejection and feeling incapable of living the life I want to live. I'm trying to overcome both of these fears but it will take time.

MissW
13-10-13, 22:46
Mine is health anxiety about cancer.

NE21 worrier
13-10-13, 23:46
Mine is a fear of a failure to cope on my own, a result of an over-reliance on my mum (which is something that I am sorting now, slowly but surely) and my self-esteem issues.

Also, I have an issue with catastrophic thinking in terms of my friendships* in that a slight disagreement or criticism will lead me to think that person X now hates me even though there is much more evidence in favour of the disagreement being a blip and the good friendship being able to get past it. Again it comes down to my self-esteem, I think.

*I would also say this is similar for relationships but I have not had the confidence to get into one of them for so long, I can only assume it would be similar.

Thanks,
Peter

Catherine S
14-10-13, 00:50
Sorry, im a bit confused by this...wouldn't you know what people's 'thing' is just by reading the threads? Why do we have to tell you again?

xBettyBoopx
14-10-13, 03:21
Mine (in case you hadn't noticed.....lol) is heart and lungs. You won't believe it but I'm not afraid of getting cancer! I'm just weird:blush::blush::blush:

Els

bigh123
14-10-13, 07:30
i still believe - just thought it would be interesting to start a thread that's all . And i start cbt on Wednesday rennie1989 fingers crossed it helps ! I think it will . This time of year my minds going ape and i go on holiday in 3 weeks and worrying about getting sick before or while there. Annoying !

PamG
14-10-13, 08:08
My thing is (or things are!) buildings collapsing while iam in them or beside them, being on upper levels of buildings. Also I have a thing about heights, waves of the ocean, gereral motion sickness and fear of panic attacks. In saying all this, I am learning to fight them all with help of talking therapy and sheer will power. The fear of having a panic attack tries to rule my life at the moment. It's the hardest thing to overcome.

Well wishes to everyone. Xx

BumbleGirl
14-10-13, 10:19
Mine is losing some one I love and being a failure!

Emphyrio
14-10-13, 14:53
I have quite a few, but the main one is losing control and acting on my intrusive thoughts.