PDA

View Full Version : Chest pains and anxiety

glasg_
13-10-13, 22:05
Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere but Ive just joined tonight.

Just wondered if anyone experiences intermittant chest pains due to their anxiety? I get these weird feelings on both side or in the middle of my chest and Ive had them for a few months now.

One thing I have noticed is that I never experience them when Im exercising whether that's on my bike, or swimming or running.

Ive never been diagnosed with anxiety but I am sure I have a socual anxiety and have only just came to this conclusion having spent all of my life avoiding' other people'.

Ive also not been to the Dr as Im terrified they'll find something terrible.

Any thoughts?

Eyji1
14-10-13, 18:16
I get these. If the pains come with changes in posture or position I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Do you lean on your elbows a lot or lean forward?

What you describe sound like what I have. And I have been told many times that I'm healthy as a horse.

Best of luck to you.

pepsi
14-10-13, 18:34
I had pains in my chest they are gone now. They would wake me up at night many times. Its probably anxiety

eddy1608
16-10-13, 19:34
I get these. If the pains come with changes in posture or position I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Do you lean on your elbows a lot or lean forward?

What you describe sound like what I have. And I have been told many times that I'm healthy as a horse.

Best of luck to you.

i have a lot of chest discomfort and i notice you mentioned about leaning on elbows and leaning foward i do this a lot and i have upper back pain aswell do you think posture could potentially be a cause?
cheers mate

Eyji1
17-10-13, 00:06
i have a lot of chest discomfort and i notice you mentioned about leaning on elbows and leaning foward i do this a lot and i have upper back pain aswell do you think posture could potentially be a cause?
cheers mate

i also have upper back pain. if youre not getting shortness of breath i wouldnt worry. but who am i to say that. here i am comforting you but i always worry myself