PDA

View Full Version : What makes us more scared than others?

xBettyBoopx
14-10-13, 01:05
If we could wish away the anxiety none of us would have it but I often wonder what makes us more scared than others! Do you think that it differs from person to person or that we are more sensitive than those who don't get anxiety? Do you think we are more self obsessed (I have heard it say more than once that it is a disorder of the self-absorbed) I wouldn't call myself that, would you? If it's a fear of death then most people in the world would have it becoz I think that most people if honest, are afraid of death. But not all anxiety sufferers are scared of death particularly either! None of it makes any sense. What are your thoughts?

Els

Rennie1989
15-10-13, 11:24
I don't think we're more scared than others, our bodies and minds just like to take a normal reaction to fear and multiply in by tenfold.

I think we're braver than the general public, the fact that we do things that causes us great anxiety and discomfort because we know we're strong.

Granny Primark
15-10-13, 13:11
My biggest fear is death. I remember my mum telling me about her sis that died age 25 of a stroke and then her son getting killed age 5 by a bus. then my mums sis died age 42 of a stroke and my mum died a few years after of a stroke age 60.

Tessar
15-10-13, 14:50
I am more scared than others as I find its difficult to comfort myself. I w as brought up in a less than positive environment & when things scared me, instead if being comforted by my family.... They laughed at me. I am sure this is why I get scared (but then won't confide in people as I fear humiliation) so I suffer alone much of the time.much less since I discovered NMP tho.
I am sure some of its biological as well. That with a combination of childhood issues seems to be the cause for me.
As regards a fear of death, that's only become an issue for me of late. I ignored the issue all my life telling myself that I have years left to live life so I wasn't worrying. Of course, years down the line now, I am getting more worried about it. Thing is.... I can't change it. It's a fact. A fact for all of us. Best thing therefore I feel really is to make the most if every day. By so doing, it distracts me from the worry &'i can look back & feel good about my accomplishments.
Oh, as regards being more self-obsessed, well no we probably are no more like that than some if the self-centred, arrogant types that live in the world. We are sensitive & that leads us to perhaps focusing on ourselves more than is healthy. But alongside that, as sensitive people, we might spend alot of time "on ourselves" but I bet you we are more considerate and kind to others than many, many people in the world because we can empathise with others. I would much rather be a sensitive sole capable of empathy than some person bludgeoning through life without a care for others. :-)