PDA

View Full Version : Heart fears

Raphaels
14-10-13, 09:27
Hi, I'm so afraid of a heart attack it is ruining my whole life. I have stomach issues at the moment and this frightens me into thinking is it masking a heart problem. Scared to move incase it sets it off. Please help. How can I ever tell the difference between stomach problems and heart problems. Two friends had similar issues and there's turned out to be heart problems so now I have become paranoid. If I don't get a grip this is going to set off my anxieties big time and full depression again. Thanks.

Karol.Papis
27-10-13, 12:18
Hi Raphaels, I actually think that your anxieties have already been 'set off'. It is obviously unrealistic for you to expect not to worry at all about your friends issues. Fortunately, their physical problems are not 'contagious' - but anxiety actually is! Talking about one's worries (especially to well-trained professionals) is often helpful as it may help you to 'forget' about your anxieties, as they only tend to confuse you more and more :) - looking for new symptoms, repeated health checks etc...

Raphaels
10-11-13, 17:42
Thanks Karol.