PDA

View Full Version : Ex Agrophobic Needing Participants for Final Year Anxiety Research

honeybee
14-10-13, 12:21
Hello Everyone,

Yes, it's a success story in itself... I used to be severely agoraphobic, the thought of sitting in the garden was terrifying enough and now, here I am looking for participants for my final year degree dissertation :yahoo:

If you are interested in my story, I used to be on here with the username 'honeybee'. (When I tried logging on with that username a few years later I couldn't remember my password and since had changed my email address so I couldn't access it and had to set up a new profile!)

Anyway, back to the present day.... I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a study that I am carrying out?

I will be looking at whether or not stressful life events, optimism levels and emotional coping heighten the levels of trait anxiety among the adult population.
Modern research is primarily focused on the treatment methods of anxiety, however, with still so many people suffering from anxiety and medical interventions often having unwanted side-effects, I really believe we need to shift this focus onto the causes and influences. This way we can have a better understanding of what causes the vulnerability in individuals to develop anxiety disorders and work on creating better preventative strategies. I'm not claiming that my research will change the world :-) but I am a passionate psychology student with such a keen interest in this subject.
I need at least 100 participants and would love it if any of you guys would take part!

If you are interested:
Please message me with an email address and I will email you the full information (for some reason I am unable to include my email address into this message), instructions and 4 multiple-choice questionnaires which you can then complete and email back to me. Your involvement is completely voluntary so you can have a look at the questionnaires and if you decide not to answer them then that is absolutely fine!
Thank you ever so much.
Love to you all, and hang in there guys! If I got better then all you guys can too!

Cara

honeybee
16-10-13, 11:43
I have had quite a few responses from the NMP Facebook page for which I am very grateful. Just thought I would check in here again to see if anyone was interested?

nomorepanic
16-10-13, 12:00
I will move this to the correct forum for you Cara

honeybee
16-10-13, 18:34
Thank you! :yesyes:

dancingfrog
16-10-13, 19:58
I will send you my email address over now! I know how hard dissertations are to just right let alone collect research!

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Typo, write!

honeybee
20-10-13, 18:43
Thank you to those that have already participated in my study.

If anyone else is interested then you can email me on 1100741@student.tsd.ac.uk. I need lots of participants, all with varying levels of anxiety, so whether you are an anxiety sufferer or not I would be very grateful for you help.

Thank you :-) xx