PDA

View Full Version : Finding things hard

alihud
14-10-13, 13:17
Hi there,how can you combat health anxiety when you have seen your parent die in such an awful way? I also have severe fibromyalgia and I've noticed health anxiety has been creeping up on me since my mum died and me getting ill. Any sign of something wrongin my body and let's face it with fibromyalgia there is pain somewhere every day. Every night I goto bed and the fear of death is there. I'm not as bad during the day is at night it's worse. I've backed off from my friends as they too have terrible health problems and I just cannot cope with theirs as well as mine. If I see something on tv about a health problem I think I could have it and it can stay with me for ages. Have to be so careful about what I watch.
Don't tell me to go to a counsellor I've already done that and she was awful to me plus I can't afford it anymore as I can't work :( I also have spent many years having counselling with various counsellors,I know why I am like I am,it makes sense to me but just because you know you are why you are doesn't automatically make you better.

amandaj
14-10-13, 13:24
hi ali long time no speak, i am exactly the same since loosing my dad, my ha has shot through the roof, as im typing this i cant breathe and you are so right night is worse time everything seems 1000 times worse when its dark if you want to chat send me a pm i cant help much as im in same boat but i can definatly listen take care amanda xxx