PDA

View Full Version : Blood test for HIV soon.

emmelyne
14-10-13, 17:06
I'm worrying so much, as you can probably tell from the title. I'm having a blood test this friday for HIV. Been getting an irritated mouth (itchy at back of throat, ulcers) but that could be due to the anti-biotics im taking for acne issues, or it could be inhalers I take. Been also having dry skin, but that could be eczema, stress or cold weather. or even makeup. Also been getting rather forgetful but that could be stress yet again. been getting numb feet, weird one but again could be stress.

anyone get these symptoms when stressed? panic panic panic.

pacer
14-10-13, 17:26
Why are you going down the HIV route?

emmelyne
14-10-13, 17:51
i had a low risk exposure a couple of years ago and i got the flu last month. i dont normally get the flu... i get a few other symptoms of it but not all at once every so often

pacer
14-10-13, 18:05
When you get a negative result will you look for other explanations for your symptoms or is it just HIV that worries you?

emmelyne
14-10-13, 18:20
it's just HIV that's worrying me, not because of just the physical effects but of the emotional ones too, eg having to tell future boyfriends etc :(

pacer
14-10-13, 18:35
Well it's highly unlikely that you are HIV +, but IF you are there will be people who can support you and lots of treatments available. Try not to focus on it being positive, if it what a low risk chance then chances are very slim of you having it.