PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine. So scared.

emeraldgirl
14-10-13, 21:55
I have been for a routine doctors check up today which involved blood and urine tests. I am in my mid fifties and terrified. My urine test came back as having traces of blood. I have been having some pain low in my abdomen but following C B T have tried to be rational. When they told me I had some blood in my urine that would need to be investigated I went into full blown panic mode there and then in the doctors surgery. I thought I had been doing really well until now but this has just shown me that all the anxiety is still there and as soon as anything is wrong I just can't cope. Don't know how to get through the next few days waiting for the results. I am convinced I have cancer of the bladder or womb. I don't feel unwell or have a temperature so can't believe it s an infection. Please help.

nomorepanic
14-10-13, 22:02
Hi

Please do search on here for "blood in urine" and you will see how common it is. I have read loads of posts about it recently and nothing bad has been found in the end

Also scroll down to the bottom of this screen and you will see "similar threads"

Barnabas75
14-10-13, 22:16
hi,

Sorry to hear that you are battling.I dont know if this is helpfull.I am 38.have had very minor traces of blood in my urine for 8 years.I had micro calculi in my kidneys for a few years and my doctor put it down to that being the cause.Every year he would send me for an ecograph and urine tests.Last year though my kindeys showed up perfect so he wanted further tests to find out why.So a few months ago I had a full ct scan and a uretrocystography(something like that)with contrast.Everything showed up perfect again.My dad who is 63 has the same thing.He also has had many test and nothing shows up.I realize its awfull waiting for the results.I hope that its nothing serious.I remind myself that these days the docs and meds are very good and so often if there is a problem it can be treated.My mom has had a stroke, cancer and a heart attack and is still bouncing around.I hope that you will be okay and not lose hope.Hard to do when your nerves go.Sorry if this is not that helpful but I know what its like to get really worried waiting for a result.

Yes and like nic says,its fairly common to have with no problems.

pearl79
14-10-13, 22:28
Im 34 and ive been have microscopic blood in my urine for about 4 years probably from after my third child was born, its caused me great stress and anxiety but after a bit of rsearch my doctor says I have to let the worry go xx

emeraldgirl
14-10-13, 22:40
Thank you for your replies. It is very comforting and reassuring to hear from other people who have been through similar things. Thanks Nicola for pointing me in the direction of simialar posts. The older I get the longer it takes me to get over every scare and with this one I don't even know the result yet. I can't stop panicking and crying and don't know how to carry. Just convinced that my age + the symptom = the bic C

rachael t
15-10-13, 03:50
Hi i had the same thing they found trace of blood wasnt infection google realy didnt help big mistake as usual aanyway had to take another sample in couple of weeks later and was clear i was due on period so put it down to that so could yours be related to your menstral cycle at al

debs71
15-10-13, 04:09
It is more likely to be something like a UTI with the blood in the urine and your pain. Did anyone mention this at all??

Blood in urine is very common, and nine times out of ten, easily treated.

Please try not to jump to the worst conclusion. x:hugs:

emeraldgirl
15-10-13, 06:22
I think it's my age that's making me so worried as I have been through the menopause so wherever the blood is coming from its a bad sign. Have had the most terrible night, can't stop crying or shaking. I hate myself for being like this as soon as something goes wrong.

JustJules
15-10-13, 19:53
emerald girl..don't panic....exactly the same thing happened to me a few months ago. totally lost the plot with panic and crying and had cystoscopy and ultrasound and nothing found. I am also your age and have same fears I.e it must be cancer because of age etc.

emeraldgirl
15-10-13, 20:26
Cn I ask, did you have jiggly pains with yours? My results weren't back from the hospital today so another night like this. I can't eat, can't do anything but shake and cry. I have played and replayed all the scenarios in my head and naughtily googled looking for a different reason but can't find one. I just don't know how to carry on I feel so ill.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Oops - I meant niggly pains - stupid autocorrect

greenlady
15-10-13, 22:17
hi i had a uti a couple of months back and my urine was the colour of rose wine..got antibiotics for a week.drank loads and was fine..hope that helps
gina x

emeraldgirl
15-10-13, 22:53
Green lady, can I ask if your symptoms were like mine.

greenlady
15-10-13, 23:21
I felt although I was sitting on broken glass.vague lower abdomen pain and peeing rose coloured urine.hope that helps
Gina x

emeraldgirl
16-10-13, 09:37
Thanks. The thing that's worrying me is that I don't have any signs of infection ie no pain when weeing and don't feel ill. Just phoned surgery and results still not back. Haven't been able to go to work today due to the anxiety. Not able to function at all just crying and curled up in bed. I hate myself for being like this.

JustJules
16-10-13, 10:02
Hi Emeraldgirl, yes, I had niggly pains in my left side and a dull achey lower back pain on and off while I had it but didn't feel unwell but I then started to feel really ill as I got myself so anxious. Honestly, I was exactly the same as you with the same symptoms and all was okay. Like some of the others have said on here, it seems that some people have this from time to time and mine was only picked up on a routine urine sample so I may have had it for some time and not known about it.

emeraldgirl
16-10-13, 10:58
Justjules I am in the same state as you were. I actually feel like I can't carry on living any more with this level of anxiety

nomorepanic
16-10-13, 12:08
The chances are nothing will be found so please don't worry!

As I said loads of people get this and on re-test all is ok.

emeraldgirl
16-10-13, 19:03
Can't believe the results still aren't back. I have now convinced myself that they know something and are too scared to tell because of the fuss I will make. I am praying they find an infection because if it comes back as no infection I will be even more beside myself than I am now. Haven't moved out of bed today. Don't know if its the illness or the anxiety. I am trying really hard to hang on to your reassurance, Nicola. It's just so difficult at the moment. Havent been this bad for ages.

rachael t
16-10-13, 20:22
Mine came bak wiv no infection wen i had trace of blood in mine so try not to worry if thats the case my doctor said if u on or due on period that cud b why u cud have scratched yourself lifted heavy stuf or even had sex cud jcause it

emeraldgirl
17-10-13, 11:41
Well, the results are back and there was no trace of blood when they examined it it the hospital. No infection either. So is my mind at rest? No. I need an explanation for the low down tummy pains and the weird white shreds that came out in my wee a couple of weeks ago. I have been told to just wait and see if it happens again. I can't rest even though the doctor has said that my blood results were all fine and that if there was any cancer the blood viscosity changes - anyone know anything about this? Can't find anything very relevant that I can understand on google

Michele1903
09-11-17, 07:48
Any updates? Going through same thing and full blown anxiety!

molly15
11-04-20, 16:36
Any updates?

Fishmanpa
11-04-20, 16:40
Any updates?

I can see the desperation in your posts but these threads are all several years old and like 99.99% of them, it was nothing serious.

Positive thoughts