PDA

View Full Version : Lungs or back and shoulder problems

Tracy Dixon
15-10-13, 15:08
Hello there, first a brief of my ongoing battle with what I think is health related anxiety! My current fear which has been going on since march is lung cancer, my symptoms are as follows, on going right sided shoulder and rib pain which radiates into the back of my arm, the pain is there everyday, is not usually made worse with movement and the pain doesn't keep me awake at night, I do have a slight productive cough but nothing that would set alarm bells ringing with me, I get quick sharp sudden stabbing pains and a constant dull ache which doesn't hurt but is annoying, I have never discussed this lung cancer fear with my GP but have been back and forth about my ongoing back trouble, I am awaiting a scan and he has prescribed anti depressants to help with pain, I can't help but think he has worked it out for himself that I have these anxiety worries but he did say anti depressants help with chronic pain, on examination he says my lungs sound clear and my oxygen levels are fine, is it possible that upper back problems can cause shoulder and arm pain, rib pain, pain when inhaling? Can anyone relate to this sort of problem, I would really appreciate your comments!

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

I don't want to be a pest but would love to hear from people, it has a calming effect on me to know I'm not alone in my daily struggle with HA!