PDA

View Full Version : Hernia concern and operation

willous1
15-10-13, 15:51
Hi

I am due an operation on a large hernaia in my lower tummy which falls into my testical and Im really panicking. I had one on the other side a couple of years ago and keep thinking that that one is going to come out of the mesh. I am really fearing it and feeling every little thing. I also keep needing to go for a wee. I am also scared about the op as hernia is so large and read the leaflet about aneasthetic and saw the risk of death now im really frightened. I have had loads of ops and never realised this. What if hernia is too big.

Edie
15-10-13, 16:22
The risks are very low. A very small number of people react badly to anaesthetic. If you have had anaesthetic before without any problem, then you will be fine this time.

I don't really know anything about hernias, but the surgeon must do. They must have done tests and they know what they are dealing with and have decided the operation is the best way forward. Trust them, they know what they are doing :)

oncehappy
15-10-13, 16:43
Hi.....just to make you feel a little better I know a man who's hernia nearly reached his knees....he was too scared to do anything about it until events took over and he had no chioce....now 5 years later and a fit 78year old he has a new lease of life and wonders what on earth he was worried about....so chin up..deep breath..and go for it...sending hugs your way...

willous1
16-10-13, 13:58
Thanks for replies. Now ive started to think about it- the hernia I had repaired a couple of years ago feels a bit sore when I bend in certain ways. I am so paranoid. Would you KNOW if an hernia had come out of its mesh? They said its very rare but I read another thread on here to say it happened to them. I think where my hernia on other side is so big that its nudging old one.

Fishmanpa
16-10-13, 15:32
the hernia I had repaired a couple of years ago feels a bit sore when I bend in certain ways.

As one who has had several surgeries in my life, I can tell you that pain or aches where you had surgery is totally normal. To this day I have several built in weather predictors in the places they operated on and aches and pains in those general areas for no apparent reason.

Good Luck!