PDA

View Full Version : Throat, "forgetting to breathe" and "choking" issues

Chili9
15-10-13, 19:48
Hi, so I have had many tests this year, most recent that my full blood tests came back normal, I have had ECG's which were normal and showed no strain on my heart but I still get a weird feeling when falling asleep like I've "forgotten" to breathe then I gasp for air and start panicking and can't get to sleep, thing is when I do manage sleep, I wake up in the morning feeling good, then it's as the day goes on I start with the worries as throughout the day I get the skipped heart beats and racing heart without even feeling anxious and at times I could be watching telly and I feel like I've stopped breathing for a few seconds then panic and gasp and this all sets me off again. I constantly feel heavy at the back of my mouth and like it's closing and going to stop me from breathing, then it feels like my throat is closing in and I start to feel heavy arounf my face and my ears, they sometimes have ringing noises, only sometimes. This mostly happens at night when I feel my worst. Does anyone else get this? Do you think it is anxiety related as it doesn't seem to bother me when sleeping or when I am just waking up from sleep....Urgh, here's me thinking I was fine after my test results and now this. I'm so tired, I really am:weep:

ankietyjoe
16-10-13, 09:58
Does anyone else get this?

Oh many many yesses. :doh:

It tends to come and go, but it's almost always just before I'm about to fall into a deep sleep.

It's nothing to worry about though, just a little bit fear inducing!

Chili9
16-10-13, 19:02
Oh thank goodness, in a sense;) as it does get really scary!!! Thānks for your reply :)

Stu82
17-10-13, 18:33
Yep me too! Like already said it's nothing to worry about just not very nice.