PDA

View Full Version : A mum needing some advice on lorazepam (ativan)

seto123
15-10-13, 21:46
Hi everyone, I am a newbie:hugs:
I am 37 years old and a mum of 3, although very sadly I lost my middle daughter to cancer at 2 and a half years old. I have always been a terribly anxious person, suffering from all sorts of anxiety, you name it, I have had it! I suffered post natal depression after my first two children but because I lost my daughter 3 months before my son was born I didn't experience an anxiety as the doctors had my medication sorted. My problem now is that 3 years after the loss of my daughter my anxiety has returned with a vengeance. I now have anxiety sweating and claustrophobia which is debilitating me. My doctor has prescribed me Lorazepam (Activan) 1mg tablets. The only other benzodiazepine I have had is diazepam and I was only on 5 mg 3 times daily at my very worst, this was before I had my children. My question is "is it okay to take 0.5 mg when needed (maybe twice daily) without me needing to sleep/not function, I clearly need to be there for my other two children"? Thank you in advance.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

No reply, cheers all! Will leave this group

Kim51
15-10-13, 22:19
Hi and :welcome: sorry to hear you are going through a bad time and for your loss. I have lorazepam for when needed, I have 1mg tablets, but need two on a bad day to get out of the house, I manage to function on this with out being sleepy so you should be fine on a smaller dose. Sorry you felt no one responded quick enough. :)