PDA

View Full Version : Never been here before !

catlady
15-10-13, 21:10
Hi, I have been having, panic attacks, so the dr says, for a while now. They start as mild pains in my chest getting worse and worse. The only relief I get is cold water and trying to move my thoughts to other things, which is hard. I don't know why I panic, I did nt even know I paniced until I read the symptoms page on this site, and its me all over. I am in my late 40s married with grown up children and grandchildren, my biggest fear is not being around for my grandchildren, silly, but how do you change what you think!!! Sounds crazy, but im not. Thought id join you all for support and ideas for self help. I work part time and I don't get the attacks at work, sometimes I do when im out and I have to come home. I have cats,hence the name, they are my comfort in this. Does it get better?:huh: I wonder!

Speranza
15-10-13, 21:12
Hi, you actually CAN change what you think, read up on CBT - and look in the Self Help section on here.

I'm also a catlady, Sophie is 18 and a half and waiting for surgery next week on a Poorly Paw...

Lovely to meet you!

Gill

catlady
15-10-13, 21:16
Hi Gill thanks ill look at the cbt section. I hope Sophies surgery goes well next week. She s a great age.