PDA

View Full Version : Having a really bad time of it

mummyanxious
16-10-13, 06:52
So Ive just spent yet another sleepless night worrying. Well eventually I was so tired I must have passed out from exhaustion.
The palpitations are getting out of hand. I just don't know what to do, I can't see how this is normal at all in any way.
I am used to one off skipped beats but I seem to rarely get these now and instead I'm getting two in a row, if not three four five or more in a row. Like normal stop normal stop normal stop normal stop. Or my pulse will be uneven like fast big pause, fast normal slow that kind of thing.
Had anyone had this and it just been 'normal'?
The only thing I can say is that I have quite a bit of gas under my ribs on the left but I'm not at all bloated in any way. Sometimes I get a gurgling in my throat.
I just don't know what to do. I'm sick of going to bed every night thinking I'm not going to wake up (of course I do every day) and not see my beautiful kids again. This really is terrifying. And I can't really take beta blockers or whatever as I already have a slow pulse and lowish bp. Plus if these things were caused by gas lets just say, surely the beta blockers wouldn't work on them?
Someone please offer me some words, I'm going out of my mind and am so exhausted.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 ----------

Also I've got a really sore throat this morning and feel like I need to swallow all the time.

Andria24
16-10-13, 10:41
Hope you're ok there. I'd head back to the doctors just to make sure your meds are on track. I'm sure it's the anxiety, which throws up so many other sensations and symptoms.

mummyanxious
16-10-13, 11:23
I'm not on any meds other than iron :(

Female healthanxiety
16-10-13, 12:23
Sounds like sleep deprevation honey xxx you just NEED SLEEP! XXXX

Sounds like you could also be getting a virus - try and not be so hard on yourself hun xx

panickyme
16-10-13, 12:56
I totally understand were you are coming from. I hate those things, I have been getting them a lot lately, and did run it by my Doctor, and she says they are very common. (she says actually everyone gets them, some can feel, and some can not) lucky us! We feel them. I did have a heart monitor 2 years ago, and they did catch them on it. They said is was a mitral valve prolapse, and that they are harmless. I hope this helps you feel better. I know its hard. When I get them, depending how bad, it still sends me into a panic. My heart is my biggest fear, so anything that doesn't seem quite right there, will send me panicking, and feeling my pulse, tired, etc. It is a big fear we have, and I wish I knew how to cure it. Not fun, I know. :hugs:

mummyanxious
16-10-13, 13:39
Thank you for your reply. I've got used to the isolated ones but its the fact they're now coming in batches of usually three in a row but can be more than bothers me. It's like normal skip normal skip normal skip. I usually end up coughing as I can't stand it and in worried they wouldn't stop without me coughing.

peachychou
16-10-13, 14:39
So Ive just spent yet another sleepless night worrying. Well eventually I was so tired I must have passed out from exhaustion.
The palpitations are getting out of hand. I just don't know what to do, I can't see how this is normal at all in any way.
I am used to one off skipped beats but I seem to rarely get these now and instead I'm getting two in a row, if not three four five or more in a row. Like normal stop normal stop normal stop normal stop. Or my pulse will be uneven like fast big pause, fast normal slow that kind of thing.
Had anyone had this and it just been 'normal'?
The only thing I can say is that I have quite a bit of gas under my ribs on the left but I'm not at all bloated in any way. Sometimes I get a gurgling in my throat.
I just don't know what to do. I'm sick of going to bed every night thinking I'm not going to wake up (of course I do every day) and not see my beautiful kids again. This really is terrifying. And I can't really take beta blockers or whatever as I already have a slow pulse and lowish bp. Plus if these things were caused by gas lets just say, surely the beta blockers wouldn't work on them?
Someone please offer me some words, I'm going out of my mind and am so exhausted.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 ----------

Also I've got a really sore throat this morning and feel like I need to swallow all the time.

Hello there, it sounds very much to me like you have nighttime GERD induced palpitations. This is caused by acid irritating the GI tract and stimulating the vagus nerve. I have the exact same thing and the only thing that helps is a proton pump inhibitor to curb stomach acid and a glass of milk.
I had these all last night, sometimes three in a row, almost left me in tears. Then I had some gas and a bm and they eased enough for me to sleep.

I get them if anywhere from my throat to tummy is irritated in some way. When you worry your stomach churns making more palpitations happen.

mummyanxious
16-10-13, 15:02
Just replied on your post, thanks for the reply :)