PDA

View Full Version : Illegal drugs

willous1
16-10-13, 09:29
Hi

Sorry for strange post but I have a new fear. I'm 29 and so much against drugs it's untrue. The worst thing in life and they scare the life out of me. However when I was younger sometimes took coke or maybe the very odd time a pill. Also speed a couple of times. Years later I've strayed worrying that it will have an affect on me as I get older. I hated them at the time but did it to be withered which is so so stupid. My heart etc is fine at moment does that mean I will be ok

Sorry

ankietyjoe
16-10-13, 09:55
If they haven't already effected you then it's highly, highly unlikely they ever will.

I must confess I took a LOT of drugs in my 20's, I'm now 42 and a recent medical showed up no abnormalities whatsoever.

If I took any form of drug now in even a low dose I'm sure it would trigger all sorts of nasty symptoms!

And in any case, I have a son now and only an a-hole messes with all that nonsense when they have children.

gypcyg
16-10-13, 11:07
I also used drugs regularly in my twenties and thirties - I have no health issues either. The likelihood is that you are ok since you were just an occasional user but ask your Doctor for a health MOT since you've never had one.

emlica
17-10-13, 15:39
It sounds like you were a fairly 'occasional' user so I would say the chances are if it's not had any effect on you yet, it probably won't. But, as the previous poster said, why not get yourself checked over for peace of mind? It's not a bad thing to do anyway.

Fishmanpa
17-10-13, 16:07
My Goodness! When I look back at the abuse I did to myself in my youth and early adulthood, I'm surprised I survived and my kids are normal! Based on what you posted I think you're just fine and have absolutely nothing to worry about :)

My health issues are non related to my partying past and I have no lasting side effects except for those pesky flying monkeys ;)

Good Luck!

peachychou
17-10-13, 17:10
I used to be tempted to take drugs because I was severely depressed and wanted a distraction. Now my HA is so bad I'd be too scared to use a needle or swallow a pill unless it came with a leaflet haha.

If you did them sporadically a long time ago I'm sure they're out of your system by now. And if they didn't affect you then it's unlikely they'll 'come back' to haunt you unless you abused them for years on end. When people are young their systems are strong and if something goes wrong it usually happens within hours of taking them, not years after.

Long term coke and speed use can cause heart damage but that said, I know people who've been doing coke for years. Highly synthetic drugs are more nasty but you have barely used them so you're fine. It was years ago.

Sar89
18-10-13, 02:29
I am 24 and abused them from the age of 14 till 21 .... Realllly heavily up for days type of abuse and I think (please god let this be true) the only think they have affected is my mental health... Definitely addled a few brain cells I would say! I was on alot of weed (skunk) every day cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine about 2-3 days a week ! Was a real party animal not to mention young idiot who thought I was immortal... Then my friend died an I started having 'funny' turns when I was wrecked ... They were panic attacks! And then the hideous anxiety kicked in. When I'm scared about my heart and stuff I always think back to the years of drug abuse and think if my heart was going to pack up it would of back then! Of course this logic doesn't always work for me but it makes sense yes?! An as fishmanpa says I'm surprised I'm alive the amounts of drugs Iv taken and the situations Iv got myself in... But I am so far. What I'm trying to say I guess if anything was going to happen to you it would of happened when you took the drug not now ... Physical damage from drug abuse
Is usually in the heroin/crack cocaine/ category and also these new super drugs. So from ur very tiny dabbling in the drugs u name I would say with utmost certainty you do not have lasting physical damage from them x