PDA

View Full Version : I'm Eveline, nice to meet you.

Eveline
31-10-06, 05:12
Hello everyone, my name is Eveline and I just found this forum while trying to look for something -anything- to get through my panic attack. And I have to say, it's down from a 10 to a 6 out of 10.... Slowly improving...

I'm 32, and moved from Holland to the Uk a few months ago. I had my first panic attack a few years ago during a Bon Jovi concert. I loooove Bon Jovi, but suddenly I felt I could not breath, there were so many people there, and the stadium had its roof closed. It was sooo hot! I spent some time with the nurses back stage, (well, not 'really' backstage obviously.... would've totally fainted if Jon had come up to say hi. ;) ) and then had the worst time trying to get back to the concert. I wanted to, but didn't want to, if you know what I mean.... Terrible feeling....

After I moved here (left my ex, told my family I was moving to live with my english boyfriend, to say it did not go down very well is a huge understatement and I've been either getting guilt tripping emails or been ignored by family.......) I got panic attacks. Ones where I felt I was choking, or about to vomit, which I'm very phobic about. Thankfully my love is very understanding, and takes me for walks around the neighbourhood or the park if needed.

He's not here right now, which is probably why it's taking so long for the panic to die down, it's been over 3 hours now...

Anyway, I'm very happy to have found this site. Typing here has already proven to help me!

domino
31-10-06, 06:15
HELLO EVELINE and welcome to n.m.p. you will find lots of help and advice here you are also not alone , many people on this site suffer just like you. take care lorraine.:D

honeybee3939
31-10-06, 07:41
Hi Eveline,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you get some great advice and make new friends on the way!:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

manmoor
31-10-06, 09:15
Hi Eveline,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

lainey
31-10-06, 10:22
Hi Eveline

Welcome to the forum.
You'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

LickeyEndBlues
31-10-06, 12:10
Hi Eveline,
I'm newish here and found it a great site. Lots of help and useful stuff...you are not alone.

Never seen BJ myself but there are a couple of tribute bands in the UK that are pretty good. I actually prefer New Jersey's other sons and JBJ's mentors......Bruce and Southside.

Cheers

Iain

Laisez les bon temp roulez

trac67
31-10-06, 18:35
Hi Eveline,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Good taste in music by the way I have seen Bon Jovi in concert too.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
31-10-06, 18:37
Hi Eveline

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Granny Primark
31-10-06, 18:41
Hi Eveline,

Really glad you found this site. Im sure youl get lots of help support and advice.

Take care
LYNN xx

Eveline
31-10-06, 22:34
Oh great, more Bon Jovi and Springsteen fans here. ;)

I was 12 when We Are The World came out and instantly looooved Bruce's voice, and have been listening to him ever since. Bon Jovi's 'Slippery when wet' came out not long after, so I've been listening to them for 20 years too.

Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome.

clickaway
31-10-06, 22:46
Welcome Eveline,

Glad you found NMP and that you have an understanding beau. You'll find more support here.

Do you think any of the Pussy Cat Dolls are trained nurses? :D

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

mad_shell66
01-11-06, 17:48
hi eveline,

welcome to no more panic
shellxx

mysweetshadow
01-11-06, 20:44
Hi Eveline, Welcome Along,:D Hopefully you find what you are lookfor while here.

phil

Allie
03-11-06, 19:27
Hi Eveline!

Great to meet you! Hope you like it here!

I suffer from panic attacks too and had my first one in the middle of Harry Potter & the Chamber of secrets on my 18th birthday. The cinema was packed and I felt like I couldn't escape! I can smile anbout it now but at the time it was terrible! hehe!

take care

Alison xXx

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber