PDA

View Full Version : Getting better and braver each day!

dancingfrog
16-10-13, 19:16
Hello everyone, I haven't popped over in a while, I've been busy eating yay! Ok so it's not been easy, but slowly I'm introducing harder foods into my diet and more of it. For example today I've eaten two rounds of brioche toasted with Nutella, a chocolate bar, a chicken pasty, lemon curd, and a bowl of pesto ravioli. It doesn't sound difficult to eat to most but it is to me. Each and everyday I'm getting better, it's bloody tough but I'm doing it. The therapist I've been seeing has been fantastic, expensive but fantastic. I'm having my third session on Saturday and then nothing for three weeks. He thinks I'm doing great and now I'm trying to focus on the things I have eaten rather than my struggles! Eating is slowly getting pleasurable instead of being a chore and hopefully I will start to put on weight again!

Hope this doesn't sound like I'm bigging myself up, when others on here are having a really tough time, I just thought you would like to know!

Dancing frog xxx

Barnabas75
16-10-13, 19:40
Great news.:yesyes:

Edie
16-10-13, 19:46
It's great news, and hopefully will offer hope to anyone who is struggling.

The fact that eating is becoming pleasurable is a huge step! Sounds like you will be absolutely fine during your 3-week gap.

Tinker28
16-10-13, 19:46
I know how u feel I have been stressed for the last month straight and have got no appitite at all so I'm slowly getting my apatite back eating again! Keep on eating!!!:hugs:

dancingfrog
16-10-13, 19:50
Thanks guys my therapy is really bringing to light how my thought processes work and how I can switch these to eliminate my fear of choking, it will take a while but I'm getting there!

Elen
16-10-13, 20:31
Wow well done frog, thats fantastic news.

Elen

Fishmanpa
16-10-13, 21:47
Bigging yourself up?... Heck no! You're inspiring! Keep up the great work!

Good Luck!

dancingfrog
17-10-13, 10:57
Thanks dudes, I'm just getting a bit fed up, I've had a bowl of porridge and then a scrambled egg and some beans for my breakfast. My mum is really putting the pressure on, she said that's not a good breakfast because I haven't had any toast. According to her its the toast that will make me put my weight back on. I think I've lost about a pound but I'm now eating on average around 1600 calories a day which for my weight means I will maintain it. She's constantly on at me that I look terrible and thin and I'm not trying hard enough. I'm doing my best but the pressure for me to eat more is really getting to me. My therapist told my mum to stop checking what I've eaten through the day and ringing me up whilst I'm eating because this is putting the pressure on and then stopping me from trying a bit more. I don't know what to do because I'm eating as much as possible and for some what I've had for breakfast may be a lot.