PDA

View Full Version : Would you have an HIV test?

Hypo
16-10-13, 19:43
If you kept getting mouth ulcers?

Been married for 8 years, both been faithful (100% sure on that due to hubby being disabled)

If I have HIV I would have had it for 8 years at LEAST.

The only concern is the ulcers. I also get vaginal thrush just before my period but my GP said it was hormonal related.

I don't know if I want to put myself through the anxiety of the test. My husband thinks I am being silly, he isn't at all concerned and I have five children who show no signs of having it (but I was last checked 12 years ago, not since)

Some of my ulcers might be me catching my mouth with my nails and lip/ cheek biting. when I am poking around. My mum gets them often too. They go away within a few days.

I don't think I am high risk, I have had unprotected sex in the past, over 10 years ago, but it was only for a few minutes and he didn't erm, finish inside me :blush:

I just don't know if I should test. I don't want to go down the route of constant testing to keep myself reassured because something else then worries me but then maybe I should.

Fishmanpa
16-10-13, 20:14
From what you describe, there's no reason to test. You both have been faithful so what's the worry?

Good Luck!

Hypo
16-10-13, 20:23
Well, If I got it 8 years ago before him would I know?

cpe1978
16-10-13, 21:13
Have you ever donated blood?

emmelyne
16-10-13, 22:00
i really doubt you'd have the disease, you have both been faithful and from that one exposure youd get worse symptoms :) xxx

Hypo
16-10-13, 22:16
Nope, not allowed to donate blood.

Thanks everyone.

cpe1978
16-10-13, 22:37
Either way, your chances are so phenomenally remote that I dare say any medical professional would say a test is a waste of time.

laura1200
17-10-13, 04:09
Were you tested after the incident with the guy who didn't finish in you?

I'm not a doc but I'd say you're low risk. It might be worth having a test though so you're not worrying about it. It's just a quick blood test.