PDA

View Full Version : Need help.Obsessive questions about all the stuff around me

Nela555
16-10-13, 23:54
My last thread and complainig on this forum,I promisse :D

Now, Please tell me ,I feel like I'am the only who think like this.

I'am ashamed to say this but I never do it before, but now I analize everything in life,all things that I see around me.
For example I eat,and then I start to think how plate or fork is created?
Or how glasees,or food,or things of all kinds are created around me,from the little to the biggest thing. From toothpicks to big buildings.
My brain just keeps over-analyzing things and thinking too much about everything around me, and the nature of it.

I'll put it like this - you know how if the longer you concentrate on an object or word and think about it, the less it makes sense? And you start to wonder about the nature of its existence or meaning? Yeah that's what I'm going through everyday. With everything.

Then I see my nails,or fingeers, and think deep about that,how milions and milions atoms or whatever is in it and I can't see it with my eyes, so I freak out. Or I can't understand how many milinos bits of wool are just in one sweater and I can't see it all. It's so weird and make me very afraid.The same goes for all the things I see. I just anazlie it too much in detail about all stuff made by humans and nature. What is fire,how is posibile that it works? I even analize toilet paper,lol or pencils or whatever you say it.

I freak out of that kind of thinking,I think most people don't perceive these things in that way from microscopic perspective.

Is this OCD thoughts,anxiety or some worst mental illnes ,what do you think? Should I go to doctor,if I say them all this ,will they sent me to mental hospital? Because I googled about it, and couldn't find anyone with same problem.

Sorry for my Englsih.

WillyB
17-10-13, 00:10
Hello Nela, I don't think you are alone with this. I too over-analyse everything. I ask the same questions you do, how was this made, what is it made from, how am I able to hold it in my hand, what exactly is fire!?

I can't really say much on the matter, I think I certainly analyse normal everyday things and objects far more than other people, and often I'd say its actually a coping mechanism for anxiety. When I really put my mind to it, I get lost in thinking say, how things are made. For example the keyboard I am using, some parts are injection moulded, some are vacuum formed. The plastic is probably ABS. It can get annoying, but it also distracts me from my anxiety. So in a way it could have become an automatic habbit or even obsession for me.

This might be different from what you experience, but I highly doubt you will be sent to a mental hospital. This is a harmless habbit, perhaps acceptance of it will be enough to ease your mind. I think its good we analyse things, I imagine we have learnt quite a lot without realising it.

Take care