PDA

View Full Version : Partner Depression, not sure what to do?

adamaudio
17-10-13, 09:29
We are a married couple (10 years), mid-40's and are currently going through problems.

My partner has a good job which has changed recently and its currently Hell for her. I have a low paid job atm (self employed) but trying to build this.

She seems very depressed, upset as she cant see a way out for us. We have a nice home which is undergoing improvements and has cost alot of money. As she is on the better paid job, what with the improvements, mortgage etc and her wanting to walk out of her job, we don't know what to do.

Hopefully when the improvements finish we can budget properly, but she is very down and upset. This may pass.. but i just dont know what to do at the minute.

Im even confused writing this as it doesn't make much sense! and i've never really posted before on this subject

Kim51
17-10-13, 18:51
We are a married couple (10 years), mid-40's and are currently going through problems.

My partner has a good job which has changed recently and its currently Hell for her. I have a low paid job atm (self employed) but trying to build this.

She seems very depressed, upset as she cant see a way out for us. We have a nice home which is undergoing improvements and has cost alot of money. As she is on the better paid job, what with the improvements, mortgage etc and her wanting to walk out of her job, we don't know what to do.

Hopefully when the improvements finish we can budget properly, but she is very down and upset. This may pass.. but i just dont know what to do at the minute.

Im even confused writing this as it doesn't make much sense! and i've never really posted before on this subject

Hi as someone who has been through what your wife is going through, what really helps is having a loving partner who is just there for you, you don't need to do anything specific, just a hug and letting her know you are there for support may make a massive difference to her, let her know she may be main bread winner, but you are there with other strengths to get her through this bad time. You have already proved what a considerate husband you are by coming here and seeking support/answers. I know I am not the only one on this site who would give our right arm for the love and support of a partner. Look after each other you are both lucky to have each other.
Hope things improve.
Take care :)