PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Britabb
17-10-13, 09:30
I have been on 40mg cipramil for 11 days now. I am suffering with fatigue and just want to sleep all the time. Is this normal? Also I take my pills in morning about 7am ... Do u think I should switch to taking them in eve if they are making me drowsy?

Comments appreciated.

lisa2512
17-10-13, 09:47
have you upped the dose or have you just started cit ?

yes they can make you very drowsy if thats the case i would say yes switch to night time and see how you go, when i first started on cit it had the opposite effect lol i have to take mine in the morning, they dont make me drowsy at all, but other people find it hard not to fall asleep all through the day with them so best to change to night time

Britabb
17-10-13, 11:12
Hi Lisa, I've upped from 20mg which I was on for 10 yrs but my symptoms returned a couple of months ago so dr increased dosage. I still don't feel any better. :( x

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

If I took 40mg today should I leave tabs till tomorow night now?

---------- Post added at 11:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

I've decided to maybe take 1 in morn and 1 at night, see how I go x

martin222
17-10-13, 13:07
britabb ive been on 20mg of citilapram for just over 5 months now and im always tired, i find it hard to get up in a morning, and could sleep in a heart beat, infact its getting so bad im even thinking of coming of citilapram, so i think it must be normal to feel tired on cit, but its no good feeling tired all the time, specialy if you have a job n kids etc,

lisa2512
17-10-13, 13:51
if you took 40mg this morning then dont take anymore today, you will need to miss the one tomorrow morning and take it at night instead, at say 8pm, you may feel a little bit funny during the day because you have stepped out of your routine but it will lever out.

its only day 11 of your upped dose its not gonna be having a huge effect untill your body adjusts to the higher dose and it settles in your system, because you have took quite a big increase you will prob feel drowsy for a while but it should go, same as when u start cit, you feel quite drowsy, were you drowsy on 20mg if not i would think the drowsy feeling will pass soon, give it 6 weeks on the higher dose before seeing how its working and change to night time. i dont think spreading the dose will help much as you may it sound like you need that hit of 40mg in one go, try taking it at night and see how your feeling in the day if the drowsy feelings have past. :bighug1:

Britabb
17-10-13, 16:37
Hi martin. God it's killing me. I just feel so weak!
Today I woke at 6. Got up at 7, back into bed at 8. Woke at 9. Back to sleep at 1. Woke at 4 and now I'm sitting here thinking hurry up 8pm so I can go back to bed. Prob 12 hrs sleeping a day atm and wanting more! I feel for u. It's not so good eh.

Lisa, ty, uve put my mind at rest. Yes it's still early days and I have to be patient. ( it's so hard though) ....I can't remember if I got like this in the beginning ( 10yrs ago) but I do remember getting better so I have to hold on to that thought that I will feel better again. I'll take it tomorow night and let u know how it goes. Ty again x

Britabb
18-10-13, 11:45
Ok update. Didn't take pills this morn. Wow what a bloody difference! I'm awake. I have managed to put my anxious feelings into doing my housework ( haven't done any for ages) and while I was hoovering I actually punched the air and shouted 'yes, I can bloody beat this'......day 12 but I'm breaking through I think. It's dark and miserable outside ( I hate winter, if I get anxiety/ depression it's always in the winter months) but I'm feeling positive. Keep believing everyone, keep the faith xx