PDA

View Full Version : Changing the time of taking meds.

Britabb
18-10-13, 09:45
I've decided to start taking my 40mg in the eve from today as I am suffering with the extreme tiredness that seems to be a common side effect. So I got up and didn't take them this morn. I feel abit anxious about it but my gut instinct is telling me to give it a go. Does anyone feel a benefit in the time of day I take them?

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

You take them that should say

Michaela2012
18-10-13, 10:04
morning,

i find that its better to take them in the evening so you don't get all the horrible side effects. :)

Icequeen
18-10-13, 10:22
I take mine in the evening, firstly a close friend of mine is on 40mg and has been for on and off for 4 years, she takes them in the evening and told me never take in the morning... i find that they make me drowsy (but not tired) and i feel hot flushes/burning sensations and a few other weird feelings mentally and physically, so i'd rather suffer them through the evening and night then in the day, becuase come morning i can sort of function a bit better... otherwise, when i was taking them initially in the morning, i felt weird all day and getting through a work day in the office feeling like that was unbearable, although my nights were better... I;d rather suffer a little on an evening, when ive nothing too tasking to do other than stuff i want to do, than try and fight through an already stressful day at work etc

On the flip side, my brother takes citalopram and has done for a year or so now for jsut anxiety, and he takes his in the morning becuase they interrupt his sleep so much, he gets dreadful insomnia.

Its so hit and miss for everyone, you can take on board as much asvice as toy can but at the end of the day it seems very different for each individual unfortunately

xx

Britabb
18-10-13, 11:39
It's already made my mind up. I'm not tired!! I will take at night. I feel abit better today :)

citalopram1
18-10-13, 18:48
I've decided to start taking my 40mg in the eve from today as I am suffering with the extreme tiredness that seems to be a common side effect. So I got up and didn't take them this morn. I feel abit anxious about it but my gut instinct is telling me to give it a go. Does anyone feel a benefit in the time of day I take them?

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

You take them that should sayI used to take them in the evening but could not sleep so i switched to taking them in the morning but everyone reacts differently.

Goodluck with them and i hope you don't get too troublesome side effects.

I see your another GM fan.:yesyes:

Britabb
19-10-13, 14:33
Hey everyone. Update. Day 13. Day 2 of swapping med time. A huge diff . I managed to go out today! By myself! To supermarket! Took pills at 5pm yesterday and got to sleep about 11pm. Its working for me. Still morn anxiety but no where near as bad as before!
Hope everyone doing ok! :)

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

:D
Cit, not much of a gm fan but the word patience is important to me right now. I'm a massive bon jovi fan

T2711
19-10-13, 16:26
I have always taken them in the evening as I'm sure they relax me pretty much straight away. I don't really have a problem sleeping with them but seem to sleep for ages! Since lowering my dosage, I've found it harder to sleep.

Maybe you could try taking them in the evenings for a couple of weeks and see how it goes?

lisa2512
20-10-13, 09:19
Hey everyone. Update. Day 13. Day 2 of swapping med time. A huge diff . I managed to go out today! By myself! To supermarket! Took pills at 5pm yesterday and got to sleep about 11pm. Its working for me. Still morn anxiety but no where near as bad as before!
Hope everyone doing ok! :)

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

:D
Cit, not much of a gm fan but the word patience is important to me right now. I'm a massive bon jovi fan

fantastic news, well done hun x