PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of feeling like this

Frenchie512
18-10-13, 14:01
Hi there, this is my first post so not sure if it's in the right place.
I have suffered from anxiety for a number of years but it's been really bad over the past couple of weeks. I am having irrational thoughts, I try to think positively but sometimes it's really hard, I just feel overwhelmed. I have been on sertraline in the past and this has been the only time I've felt normal and able to cope. I haven't been on this for about a year now as I felt I could cope without it. I have a loving husband and 2 beautiful children but I really feel as if I am a burden to my husband by feeling like this. I want to be strong but feel so weak and pathetic, I constantly feel as if I could burst into tears. I really don't know what to do to stop feeling like this.

Jean18
18-10-13, 14:14
I know just how u feel. My partner is really supportive but I just feel like I'm dragging him down by being so sad and weak at times. I wish there was a pill that could snap me out of it. Seeing a psychiatrist has helped, have u tried that?

Rennie1989
18-10-13, 14:16
Welcome to NoMorePanic!

Sorry to hear that the anxiety is giving you grief. Keep thinking positively, that's the best remedy, it is heard at first and often you don't believe what you're telling yourself but the more you do it (even if you have to say it out loud) the more you begin to believe in yourself. Remember that you have a fantastic husband and two children who all love you very much. I understand about being a burden to your husband, I often feel the same with mine, but remember that he loves you unconditionally, you would do everything you could if your husband was anxious, he's only doing what you would do.

So what triggers the anxiety?

Frenchie512
18-10-13, 14:36
I worry about my husband losing his job and not having enough money to pay the bills/mortgage etc :-(

Rennie1989
18-10-13, 14:41
Is there a risk that your husband will lose his job?

Frenchie512
18-10-13, 14:46
Yes, the company he works for has had to bid for their contracts and if they don't win them there will be redundancies.

Rennie1989
18-10-13, 14:49
I'd recommend that your husband starts looking for a new job if there is a risk of being made redundant. The sooner he starts looking the more likely he is to have a job waiting for him IF it ever happens. Even if he is made redundant there is help out there to help you whilst he looks for a new job, you won't be homeless :)

Frenchie512
18-10-13, 14:54
I'm not worried about being homeless, we don't have a big mortgage. I just feel so down and negative all the time.

tracieann
18-10-13, 22:13
Frenchie its awful when things get a hold of you like this all i can advise is what i do and thats make a list of all the good stuff in your life and what your worried about put in columns of what could happen and what has dont worry so much the what could till it becomes what has you just make your self ill best wishes with your husbands employment