PDA

View Full Version : dvla medical better news ??

maximus1975
18-10-13, 15:13
dvla medical

I went to see my pyschatrist for the first time in ages a few days ago he was amazed at the progress I have made,so I booked an appointment to see my gp today who was some what downbeat about my chances of passing medical there was a letter from my psych to my gp saying that I had come in very buoyant and that life is going very well he showed me phoyos of all the golf competitions he has one as well as pool and coaching cricket to youngsters, he also showed me the awards he has won from the charity shop he is working in at that they are planning to move him to other branchs to increase sales.
I felt under a lot of pressure to tell max he could drive but did say to him if they write to me I would have no problem with him driving the main reason is he hasn't had any booze since 8 5 2012 I did remind him though that it is the dvlas decision at the end of the day, max stated he ws back to the normal me, and will continue to reduce his meds

30 mg diazepam split through the day use to be 60
quetipine 50mg twice a day for health anxiety
venlafaxine 150 mg slow release this is helping to reduce the diazepam
zopiclone 3.5 mg when neeed

my gp was a lot more upbeat today possibly after reading this
sam cpn will visit with a view to discharging max from the community health team
does this sound good to you do I have a fair chance of passing the medical
I have been on these drugs some time now after my partner died so this doesn't make me drowsy like it may if I just started them thanks max

maximus1975
19-10-13, 11:26
bump

Rennie1989
20-10-13, 13:24
Glad to hear there's progress.

maximus1975
22-10-13, 13:24
hello dr Clifford it was good to see you the other day especially in much better circumstances I believe its down to meds , but who no's how much they are helping me, the main reason I believe is exposure getting out there and beating your demons , im currently helping a piano player who cant get through his first gig which is depressing him, I used the tamar bridge as an example I never used to be able to drive over it, so use to bottle it and take the ferry but this made me late for work a few times,so in the end I ended up using the bridge if all the cars came to a standstill i'd have a massive panic attack, 20 times over the bridge I was so chilled I was taking pictures as I had beat my fear, this is what he needs to do,any way that's beside the point I did mood scope and scored 71% I will do it again tomorrow.
I have only taken 3.5 mg in the last 4 days of zopiclone in the last 4 days I don't seem to be getting any side affects at the moment and take my venlafaxine 2 hours before bed time my moodscope password is lumenarc if you want to have a look. I got confused when u said I should only be taking quetipine twice a day I don't no if you mean the same amount but in two doses ive been missing a dose so taking 100mg instead of 150mg ????
my main reason for this email is the letter you sent to myself and dr brown it was a positive letter but is there anyway you could re word the first line of the driving as I wasn't trying to put you under pressure just stating how important a car is to me starting my business up in January which will be aquarium design/installation/and a consultant/ obviously that wont work unless I have a van that is why im so keen to drive I have a great following in the south west,and would be stacked with work ive got people waiting weather it be a pub or footspa/treliske hospital is a contract im hoping to tie up.
your the expert and I hang on every word u say I never ever thought i'd get of lorazepam but u helped me do it so thankyou for that its a lot stronger than diazepam, did u think I was being garrulous I thought I was just being more upbeat about life in general.
I was hoping you may draft the letter again and make a few minor changes .im at a point now where I feel that I can cope without sam lovely lady but unless I go backwards which I prey I don't she may want to spend the time with someone else I cant remember when she is nxt due to see me, I would appreciate a phone call

Rennie1989
22-10-13, 13:36
I'm not sure what you're asking for...... what is the letter for or from who?

maximus1975
23-10-13, 12:15
I want a slight redraft of the original letter from pysch where he made it sound like I was begging him to drive I don't want the independent dr thinking that

Rennie1989
23-10-13, 22:09
Not only do I not have the time but I don't feel comfortable redrafting a letter from a psychiatrist to give to your doctor. You do know your doctor will have the original letter on his system?