PDA

View Full Version : on edge. just want to hide

cat85pink
18-10-13, 22:57
Hi all

I'm having a bad week, its the anniversary of my dads sudden death, I have PMT.

we moved house a month ago & its been a really busy time, ive been struggling with my anxiety when people visit my home friends/family/workmen I just want to lock the door & hide,

I don't work, my husband does & I even feel on edge when hes due home from work, light he takes my control away, (not in a bad way) his friends visited tonight they are lovely but I still find it stressful,

I'm struggling eating, and have palpitations, find it hard to fall asleep without panic attacks, then find im tired most of the day,

I like our new house, but the joy is disappearing as im anxious more & more each day,

I feel selfish, for feeling so down, im scared depression could be coming back,

How do I snap out of this before it gets worse?

hoppipolla
23-10-13, 05:46
well, I'm sure that because it's the anniversary of your dad's death things are bound to feel harder, so I'd give things a little bit of time and give yourself space to feel a little sad if you need it.

And then.. I guess just take things one day at a time :)

Remember all the things in your life that you do for you and that you enjoy... I find that so important for me! Sometimes it really helps me to get really stuck into something that I really love and do it for me! Like an interest of mine or whatever!

That might help with feeling more in control :)