PDA

View Full Version : I feel awful please help

Nickyx
19-10-13, 00:14
Hi everyone,
I have been good this week anxiety wise but now it has hit me full force.I am starting a new business and only have 1 day left before my first guests arrive and have so much to do. Got family helping me but I just want everything to go smoothly. I am trying to get to sleep but can't get rid of this horrible feeling in my chest and feel sick. Anyone got any tips on getting rid of these feelings or similar stories?

Daisy Sue
19-10-13, 00:25
Maybe decide on a cut off point for all the things you think you need to do, and stick to it.

I had a friend coming to stay a while ago.. and I suddenly decided that one door in the house needed painting before she arrived... well, that led to other doors being painted, cupboards getting cleaned out, I just went on & on and it was silly.. I was so knackered after all the unnecessary things, I was almost too tired to do the shopping and make her bed up, which WERE necessary!

Just do what's really important, and then stop, & relax. :)

Nickyx
19-10-13, 22:55
Thanks Daisy Sue, i got a lot of things done today so i am happier, needed to get most important things done first, still bits and pieces still to do but im getting there! Thanks for your reply x

Andreathompson73
20-10-13, 07:45
Hey hon
Try to remember that is normal to get stressed out when there's a lot going on. Sounds like you got a load of stuff going on- all positive but still stressful. I make lists to get things out of my head. Remember it's just anxiety and don't let it spoil this
Exciting time for you . Xxx

Annie0904
20-10-13, 10:18
Hi Nicky, the anticipatory anxiety is the worst and I am sure all will go well for you. It is normal to get anxious before doing something for the first time and well done you for setting up the business.

Nickyx
21-10-13, 23:29
Thank you for all of your comments x