PDA

View Full Version : Certain I have HIV .. With just cause!

Sar89
19-10-13, 01:37
Okkkkk... So in last 3 months I have had unprotected sex with a guy who is a deffo unchoosy man whore (so stupid!! ) drunk an being an angry, hurt girl and I have also had unprotected sex twice with the guy I really like who hurt me it's not him I'm worried about really he was in a 5 yr monogomous relationship before me. Before any lectures start I know exactly what I have done an how incredibly stupid Iv been this is not my normal behaviour trust me! Anyway so to sum it up for the past month Iv had flu then went to lithuania an came back poorly again with stomach issues and sickness... Now I just keep feeling generally ill ... Like constantly feel like I'm starting to come down with something, stomachs off, headaches nausea an to top it off I have developed 3 mouth ulcers in roof of mouth ... Well they look like ulcers but try are hard an painless never had them before ... Symptoms all do actually point to HIV don't they? I'm so scared and upset. This isn't my usual health anxiety I have been genuinely ill and engaged in risky behaviour an now I have all the immediate infection symptoms :-(

skyisblue
19-10-13, 02:18
Hi Sarah,

Sorry that you are feeling that way.

Your symptoms could be just a simple infection and nothing else.

Considering that the sex was unprotected, the only way to be certain is to have the HIV test. It's quick and simple and it will put your mind at ease. I heard that there is a window period for HIV tests. I believe it is 3 months. You can have the test after that window period to guarantee accuracy.

In the meantime, avoid risky sexual behavior. :)

Rosie2
19-10-13, 07:36
Hi Sarah, the exact thing happened to me I was convinced I had HIV so I went to a walk in centre the next morning and they tested me for everything, including a rapid HIV test which tells you in 60 seconds if you have HIV or not - it was a horrible minute! But turns out I'm all clear, get checked for peace of mind but I know how nerve wracking it is!

BumbleGirl
19-10-13, 07:53
Hi Sarah. No one here should judge you. Every one makes mistakes. However the only way to put your mind at rest is to have a test. Go to the walk in centre if there's one near you xxx

cpe1978
19-10-13, 08:48
You should also understand that your risk is quite tiny. HIV is rare amongst heterosexual males in this country and also the risk of transmission from a single sexual encounter is also very low. When you multiply the two probabilities then it makes the chances quite phenomenally small.

Personally though given that you have has unprotected sex with this guy, I would go and get a full STD MOT, you owe that much to future partners and your own health.

Sar89
19-10-13, 14:54
Hi people thanks for the replys... I guess it was these mouth issues that have just finished me off totally in the nerve department they aren't even ulcers? Like ulcer type lumps that fell quite hard in roof of mouth. Utterly fed up guess there's only one way to solve it! Gonna have to wait till Monday tho x