PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/symptoms

violet33
19-10-13, 23:58
i dont know if im posting in the right place but my anxiety does cause physical symptoms. i tend to have a short fuse, and get aggravated easily. i dont like this and am really trying to work on it. i seem to get very tense, very quickly. im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on anger control, lack of patience because in me this all leads to tension which i believe is stemming from anxiety also. i know its not worth it to let things get under my skin, but its easier said than done. i need suggestions. thank you.

Rennie1989
20-10-13, 14:22
The anxiety is probably making you angry, unless you've suffered with a temper before the anxiety.

If it's the former then why not try working on the anxiety. Maybe ask for counselling or CBT to discuss to a professional how you're feeling, they'll then help you with some techniques (depending on what's pressing). Once you begin to work on the anxiety the anger will lessen.

If it's the latter then I'd suggest asking for anger management, if it's that bad, if not remember the 10 second rule (if you're about to say something out of anger STOP and count to ten, whilst controlling your breathing). There are some information online regarding anger control.

violet33
20-10-13, 15:59
I've always been impatient but not an angry person . I'm certainly not violent or anything. Just tense . I need to find ways to relax & not sweat the small stuff . I try to remind myself of that because it's not worth it . I tend to worry too much too.