PDA

View Full Version : Hey, everyone!

well-then
20-10-13, 13:40
Hi, I'm so excited to finally join a forum like this! I'm Gabby, and I found this website through googling symptoms during my paranoia episodes, hahaha! I found a lot of the reassuring comments people make on posts very helpful, so I thought I might join up.

I have mild social anxiety, a whopping case of health anxiety, aaaand a specific phobia of eating, thanks to potentially fatal food allergies. I'm seeing a therapist, but I'm frightened of medications, thanks to the aforementioned allergies. I feel a lot of general anxiety thanks to my situation at home doesn't help, since it's not the most healthy and supportive of environments. University's adding a bit of extra stress, though it's a necessary evil, since it's my ticket out of here and into a well paying job. (I'm studying psychology, funnily enough!)

But anyway, I hope that I can overcome all this anxiety stuff and actually live as a functioning human being! :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
20-10-13, 17:55
:welcome:you will find lots of help and support here

Jim1
21-10-13, 06:56
Hi gabby

Hope you get better soon, I to have anxiety started with stress and health anxiety. Can't believe that this does this to someone. It took me 3 months to realise it was anxiety as I didn't believe it. I got to to go work now, see what today brings......good to know that someone else has anxiety..