PDA

View Full Version : Really anxious about my knee MRI scan on Tuesday :(

GirlAfraid23
20-10-13, 20:47
I hate hospitals anyway and I'm getting myself into a state about it.

I know it's nothing painful or anything but I still hate procedures of any kind.

Em.ma
20-10-13, 20:51
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143486

Hi. Just thought you have some responses here that may help you :) xx

GirlAfraid23
20-10-13, 20:53
Thanks Emma yes I have read them and I'm grateful for the reassurance but I'm still worrying slightly.

anxious_thoughts
21-10-13, 23:45
Two years ago I had a knee MRI. It was pretty easy and not bad at all. Just make sure you lie down REALLY still or you'll have to stay in there for a long time. It was good cause only your waist down is in the machine, so it's not too scary. :)

Another thing is it's really loud, but they give you headphones to block out the noise.

You'll be okay!

Fazzz
25-10-13, 00:35
You will be fine! I had to have a head MRI and i was really scared! After refusing a standard MRI i had an open one and all was fine. Anyways my point being only your knee will go in, i bet over half of your body will be out! And about the hospitals, i hate them also. Try taking your phone or a game, don't pay attention to where you are, once you think "I'm in a hospital!" I'm sure you know what happens haha.

I guess to summarise, distract yourself and reassure yourself that the MRI will be fine, because they are!

Good luck and let me know how you get on!