PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about flying with health issues

Visualisethis
21-10-13, 10:13
So i've been in Japan for a week now from Australia. I am due to fly home in 2 days but the whole time here i've been freaked out that i will get sick and get stuck here.

Obviously my health anxiety has tricked me into thinking i've got symptoms so I always take a thermometer with me just to keep my mind in order. My temperature has been around 36.5 for the whole week but today it jumped up to 37.1

I'm now really scared to get on a 10 hour flight incase anything happens.. What do i do?

fedup36
21-10-13, 10:28
Hi,

I had the same thing, I was in Japan to! I had 2 weeks of panic attacks every night and then had to fly back on a 23 hour flight to the UK, I was so so nervous something would happen! Surprise Surprise it didn't...

All I can recommend is taking some deep breathes, have you got a relaxation CD you can listen to on the plane, that's what I did, managed to get me through it :)
Best of luck and remember to breathe :)

Visualisethis
21-10-13, 10:33
Hi,

I had the same thing, I was in Japan to! I had 2 weeks of panic attacks every night and then had to fly back on a 23 hour flight to the UK, I was so so nervous something would happen! Surprise Surprise it didn't...

All I can recommend is taking some deep breathes, have you got a relaxation CD you can listen to on the plane, that's what I did, managed to get me through it :)
Best of luck and remember to breathe :)

Thanks! Just knowing that other people are in the same boat helps so much. Just curiously were you thinking that something would happen to you while you were over here and then that you'd be stuck on a plane and something sinister would happen?

fedup36
21-10-13, 10:42
Ok I will be honest...

Japan was the trigger to my HA unfortunately which I have now been suffering with for a year...

It all started with me thinking o god what if something happens when I am here, how do I phone an ambulance, what happens if no-one finds me, I can't say goodbye to anyone... was awful!

I even got on the plane and looked to see if the air hostesses would be good at CPR!

Awful hey!

Thankfully I seem to be recovering but it was the worse experience of my life... not sure if this helps but I am still here, had all the tests and I am fine :) x