PDA

View Full Version : New York..... Advice please

jenny kilden
21-10-13, 10:24
Hi all please I need some advice.
Long story short- was bad last year put on cit got better- whilst better I booked a trip to newyork for December.
Since booking this I have come off cit (fool) and got a whole lot worse again.
Back on cit and finding the start up bad ,
And I can't help but feel very sick and anxious about my upcoming trip to newyork.
I just don't want to go wen I feel so terribly Ill.
It's playing on my mind constantly and I swear it's making me worse.
We have only paid a deposit for this holiday , needs to be paid in fu the end of this month,
Please advise on what I should do. I feel so sick thinking about goin away feeling like this xx

yorkshirepudding
22-10-13, 07:29
Hi Jenny

Firstly I am not going to tell you whether to go on holiday or not, that is your decision. Although, I would go instead (anything for a free trip to new York:yesyes:)

What you are experiencing is your start up side effects, you said so yourself. How long do they last? 4-6 weeks for me and I was fine. So look at it like that. You were fine on Citalopram before, and although no guarantees here, you should be fine on Cit again.

So, by the time your holiday comes round I should imagine you will be fine. Just think of it like that.

Good Luck

jenny kilden
22-10-13, 09:06
Thanks very much. I decided yesterday that I'm defo going to go, I will drag myself to the airport !! Lol
Started 15mg today going slowly up to 20g , hopefully this will do the job x

jayjoe18
22-10-13, 20:47
I'm in a similar position except I'm just starting meds for the very first time (yet to take the pill). I've got until feb when we have a holiday booked to Mexico. I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to get there! I feel sick thinking about it like you.

The good thing for you though is that you have tried them before so if they worked well for you before hopefully it will be the same again. Just try your best not to worry too much about the holiday as this probably won't be helping with the start up... I'm just going to focus on the meds and tuck the holiday away out of my thoughts for now.

I'm glad you decided to go, I'm so very jealous as it's my favourite place in the world! Went in 2010 and loved every minute, you will have so much fun :)

jenny kilden
22-10-13, 22:48
Hi jayjoe
Thanks for your message. The start up is rubbish but I'm trying to be like you and put the holiday out of my mind. Just take it day by day.
You should really start the tablets, they really do work wonders, I'm not going to come off them again for a long time. Maybe I needed to come off them to realise how much they helped me.!?
Last year when I went through this I had newyork booked and I pulled out at the last minute because I had no clue what was happening to me! I was awful unt the dr put me on cit. never before had I had anxiety or depression and I thought I must be going mad!

So that's why I'm apprehensive about going this time, because I was bad last year and I pulled out. But this time I understand anxiety and I'm taking my meds, plus I'm going with my mum n aunt.
I just got to relax and not think about it. Fingers crossed my meds will be working by then x
Good luck to you all x