PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness

RVP
21-10-13, 17:14
I was just sat down watching TV and for about 15mins.. still ongoing the left side of my chest feels tighter
I just googled like the idiot I am and it said it's a sign of impending heart attack?

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

its like a squeezing and slight burning feeling, its more towards my left pec and side of my left pec, this is worrying me so much

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Also its not like severe tightness or squeezing its slightly but enough so i know its there kind of thing..should i be worried.

HoneyLove
21-10-13, 17:17
RVP you've been posting a lot lately about lots of different things, I get the feeling you're really struggling with your health anxiety at the moment & I hope that you are OK. Are you doing anything to manage it?

You know when you're in the depths of it like that your body is in fight or flight mode and full of stress hormones like adrenaline. This in turn makes us more aware of every tiny change in our bodies, and every twinge we may not have noticed before suddenly can feel like an emergency.

I get the feeling that you need some help with the stress side of things rather than the pain you're experiencing at the moment. I have learned a lot about anxiety and different things that you can use to help yourself, I can share some if you wish, just let me know x

RVP
21-10-13, 17:23
i know i do need help because when my anxiety starts, theres no stopping it.
I do have a burning/squeezing sensation in my left pec, not all around mainly where the armpit connection is which is worrying me..i start to sweat and my heart starts pounding

HoneyLove
21-10-13, 17:27
When you begin to sweat, and your heart starts pounding - that's the adrenaline created by your anxiety. It seems you've felt this way before and been OK? So trust that you're fine this time too.

I learned a quick and easy tapping technique called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which I use to stave off panic attacks - and actually since I learned it a few years ago I have not had a full blown panic attack, but only anxiety. I learned it from a therapist, but there are lots of videos on YouTube that instruct you in it for free, maybe have a look for one and give it a try - it can really help you to calm down from a panic so that you can think more rationally about your situation.

RVP
21-10-13, 17:41
yeah I've felt the heart pounding and stuff but the squeezing is scaring me...it still hasn't gone.
And i will definitely check EFT out on youtube,
my heart isn't pounding as much now but the squeezing hasn't stopped.

HoneyLove
21-10-13, 17:44
Is it something you've felt before?

Fishmanpa
21-10-13, 17:45
RVP,

None of us are doctors but based on past posts and your description, this has all the ear marks as a stress/anxiety related issue.

Having had two heart attacks myself, I can tell you that you'll know if it ever happens. There's no mistaking it to be honest and it hurts like all hell! You wouldn't be posting about it I assure you!

Good Luck!

RVP
21-10-13, 17:51
Is it something you've felt before?

i cant quite say, it feels like i have but at the same time it doesn't..

and thanks fish that is reassuring, but what do i do if it hasn't gone by tonight?

Fishmanpa
21-10-13, 18:12
i cant quite say, it feels like i have but at the same time it doesn't..

and thanks fish that is reassuring, but what do i do if it hasn't gone by tonight?

The bottom line is you don't mess with anything concerning the heart. If indeed you have discomfort and pain along with any other typical heart attack symptoms you should seek help.

Good Luck

RVP
21-10-13, 18:30
as its slight squeezing and not major, and the fact that its not my left pec but more to the shoulder im guessing its not heart related?

matrix123
22-10-13, 14:00
Probably as most others here, I do worry about heart attack. For example last night I had very tight chest at the right side...and had some pain.

However from what I have heard/read the pain from a heart attack is totally different...it's very strong and NOT something like you describe. Keep in mind that it it's a heart attack you would not be able to post in a forum :)