PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness is it angina

Raphaels
21-10-13, 18:42
Good evening all,
Since last Thursday I have had the fear that I gave angina. I do gave gastritis and pain in my back between shoulders. Sometimes it's unbearable. I have struggled with this for 3 weeks now. Yet last Thursday I walked from the car park to a department store. It was just a few yards. I had a tight band around my shoulders and breast bone. It was so intense that it really gripped me. I was so frightened I did not know what to do. It only lasted a few seconds and it dispersed. I thought I can either ask for an ambulance or do what I have to do. I was so scared but I carried on. I had a tea and tried to accept what happened. I have now convinced myself that it's angina. Scared and waiting for the next time. My GP says it's not but try convincing me. I know my arteries are clear. My cholesterol is good. But I'm convinced its angina. Something else to worry about. Please help.

Annie0904
21-10-13, 18:46
If your doctor has checked you then I would be reassured from this. Gastritis can cause a lot of pain so it is most likely related to this.

Raphaels
21-10-13, 18:58
Hi,

He didn't check me he just said not angina. Because Arteries are clear.
I had a ct scan last year to show calcium score. Mine was 0. So between that and a 24 hour heart trace in August he says not angina. He didn't even take my pulse. Just spoke to me. Why did I get this pain. I really need a break.

Fishmanpa
21-10-13, 19:11
My GP says it's not but try convincing me. I know my arteries are clear. My cholesterol is good. But I'm convinced its angina. Something else to worry about. Please help.

You ended your post with "Please Help"... read what I wrote below then seek help for your anxiety. That's the best way to help you :)

Angina doesn't last a few seconds and disperse. I have heart issues and carry around a bottle of nitro in case of an attack. Yes, it hurts like hell but it lasts a lot longer than a few seconds that's for sure!

Good Luck!

Raphaels
21-10-13, 19:54
Thank you for your responses. It has helped. X