PDA

View Full Version : Imagination runs wild with anxiety

NE21 worrier
21-10-13, 18:51
Hello everyone,

First post in a while as things have settled down generally for me. Still, I have my moments and tend to be at my worst on a morning, particularly today.

I'd had disturbed sleep all last night, vividly dreaming about being late for work and getting told off horribly by my boss - and then, separately on falling back to sleep, having a terrible argument with my dad. I'm sure Freud would have had a ball with that one:D

Anyway, the main problem is how it then affected me as I woke up. It felt as if the weekend had gone in a flash (a good thing, I guess) but the negative by-product of that was being barely able to believe it was the start of the working week.

I walked around in a daze for a bit, still reeling off my nightmares. Then, worst of all, I was actually late for work due a bad accident on the A1 but I didn't get told off for it. Nevertheless, I got through it, I guess, and I was feeling pretty normal by first break at 11am. On we go...

Thanks,
Peter

Annie0904
21-10-13, 18:58
I do the same Peter and had a similar night last night. I even had the wrong patio door put on my house in the middle of the night (we are getting a new patio door at the end of the month)! I woke my husband to tell him "I hope they put the right door on" He wasn't amused at 2:30 am but he has got used to me by now :D
I still dream about things happening at work and I don't even work there now!
No wonder we are so tired during the day when our minds do so much work through the night.

Rennie1989
22-10-13, 10:42
Before I got married I was dreaming about every disaster possible for a wedding day and I still get dreams about work (my recent one was that I went to work and saw that my boss had left the safe open the whole night and I said to myself 'well that was silly'). I have the most ridiculous dreams that my mind can conjure up!