PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety ??

karenhigg
31-10-06, 22:59
Hi all, I don't really know where to start, but i am absolutely worried sick, i convince myself i have something terminal wrong with me, my symptoms are as follows :- dizziness, re-occuring ear problems, headaches, chest pain, left arm pain(altho i have been diagnosed as having a trapped ulnar nerve) i get the feeling sometimes like a shiver in the back of my head, i am taking propranolol 10mg 2 or 3 times a day and havn't had a PA for quite a few weeks, i am also taking perscribed sudafed for the fluid trapped behind my eardrum which worsens the dizziness although doc says this is not possible, but having looked on the net for side effects it says dizziness is a side effect. Please help me with some advice as i'm at the end of my tether.
Karen[|)]

Lynnann
01-11-06, 02:08
Hi Karen,

Although you haven't experienced a panic attack in quite a few weeks, propranadol only mutes your symptoms. It does not treat the cause. So I would say yes it is a anxiety attack. Only lessened by medication. I hope things get a little easier for you soon.

Hugs to you

Lynnann

Remember tomorrow is a bright new day

mick
01-11-06, 08:05
hi Karen
dont worry you can bet its anxiety causeing your problems ive been having headaches and dizzy spells for months now and panic attacks although there easing up a bit. after afew trips to the doctors im beginning to realise that ive a slight sinus problem coupled with g.a.d so im not worrying so much although i still get bad days also this website is a great help to me hope you feel better soon

Jenni 70
01-11-06, 09:07
Hi Karen

I sorry you are feeling at the end of your tether.

I find that anxiety does tend to magnify any symptoms I have. It is very easy to concentrate all the time on how you feel, it can become obsessional, I feel worse, will life ever be normal again, I can't cope with his.

I do understand. I try and occupy myself to take my mind off how I feel. I know it is hard. Sometimes I can only manage a few minutes, but I tell myself I will get better, I am not going to be defeated. Have your tried relaxation tapes/CD's, they do help a lot.

I hope you feel better soon.

Jenni

karenhigg
01-11-06, 09:23
Hi Jenni, i havn't tried relaxation music, i was hoping to find some freebie downloads but i havn't managed to find any yet.
Karen;)