PDA

View Full Version : Up to 15mg today . Fingers crossed

jenny kilden
22-10-13, 09:11
So I've been on 10mg for 4 weeks, side effects are better still bot gone as I can't eat still, but I don't really feel any better still very anxious in the morning and full of dread and despair. Feel low and think I won't get better this time.
So I've upped to 15mg today, will up to 20 in 2 weeks.
Want to go slowly to reduce the chance of more side effects.

Bit of reasurance would be very nice x

Tufty
22-10-13, 10:17
Hi Jenny, You will get better, definitely. The Citalopram worked last time which means is likely to work this time too. I've just had a quick look through your posts from last year when you started cit and it does sound like it took a while to settle down then too, unfortunately some of us are more susceptible to getting the horrible side effects and for longer but it will pass.
Do you write a diary? It may be an idea to chart how you feel, it can help as you strike off each day as a stepping stone on the journey to recovery.
If you're having a bad day, distract yourself, be kind it yourself and think about what you will do when you are better because you soon will be. I know you have a holiday booked for December, try not to focus on that as it may make you more anxious and pressured to get better, it will come, all you can do it make it we easy on yourself to come through this period of time.
Hugs
Sam

jenny kilden
22-10-13, 10:50
Thank you so much for your kind words of reasurance
Feeling sick today, just really getting fed up with all this now.
It takes a while to get better, I no it will come but I just hate feeling so horrid.
My skin feels really hot today, like a panic rising and then goes.
Bloody illness?!!!!
Thanks again x