PDA

View Full Version : Pap Test

becksfan86
22-10-13, 10:17
I am 27, and never had a smear test.
I went for the test when i turned 25. I was in pain when they tried to but the swab in me. I tense so much, my health anxiety is so over the place, and my legs cant seem to stay still. I began crying in pain, and my nurse was so horrible to me, saying you are 25 and you are crying, it made me feel so small that i couldn't stop crying and left.

It took me a year and a half to go back, my anxiety again was outta control, she couldn't even put the spectlum thing in me. I was shaking again, it is such a horrible thing.

I am not embarressed by the nurse doing it. I just can not relax, i know how important these are so please don't tell me cause i know. It's in the back off my mind and i think it is what causes a lot of my Health Anxiety. Therefore you would think it would be easy for me? Nope.

I have tried to call my doctors today just to speak to my doctor about my fears, she is not in today but is back tomorrow.
Maybe just by talking with her she can calm me down and give me tips to relax myself. I hope so as i really want to have this done and i know how important it is.

Anyone ever been like this?

Rennie1989
22-10-13, 10:48
I was having the coil put in me and partly because I was tense and partly because I never had a baby it was very painful and ended up scrapping the idea. I've had swabs in the past and they're just uncomfortable.

What is it about the swab testing that makes you tense?

becksfan86
22-10-13, 10:50
I just can not relax, i don't know why i can't explain it myself. I hate having the spectrum in me holding my walls back i just tense up :(

Rennie1989
22-10-13, 11:26
Speak to the doctor when you can, she may be able to offer some light and talk you through the process. Once you've had it done it'll be easier the next time.

becksfan86
22-10-13, 11:51
I am going to talk to her, hopefully i can get a appointment tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Thankyou for taking the time to reply :)