PDA

View Full Version : Scared, Sad, Oral Cancer Fear and Nose Pimples Scare

Mich45
22-10-13, 17:06
Hi everyone,

I am new here. I am 46 and have had anxiety, panic, depression, and health anxiety for over half my life. I have had it under control for years with Paxil. I am in perimenopause and for the past 7 months the Paxil isn't working as well :weep: I tried a few other antidepressants but they did not work so back on Paxil I went.

Anyway, today has been one of my worst days ever. I am a basket case with worry. Almost two weeks ago I found a teeny purple spot on my tongue. I went to my dentist and he said we can watch it. He ran a Velscope over it and it was fine. I made an appointment with an oral surgeon who I see tomorrow morning and I am scared to death! :(

Also, for the past three months I have had whitehead pimples on and off inside my nostrils. I also have adult acne on my face, neck, and chest. I believe the adult acne is from hormones from being in perimenopause.

Well my doctor prescribed Bactroban for use in the nose twice a day. It worked and the pimples didn't come but I completed my course of the antibiotic cream and one week later they came back. I am freaking out about this. I don't even know what these things are and neither did my doctor! :ohmy: I went to an ENT and a Med Center and they too weren't sure what this was. How does someone with health anxiety remain calm when the doctors don't even know what these are?! :huh: I am thinking staph or even MRSA and I am scared to death! :(

Sooo, that is what is going on. Has anyone else ever been through anything like this before? How do I get better? I feel hopeless and just don't want to move from my bed. I can barely eat I am so upset.

Thank you,

katesa
22-10-13, 17:13
Well, I am no expert, but I am pretty positive that something caused by cancer wouldn't disappear while you were using a cream.

I've not experienced this exactly but I got spots very much as you describe around my chest a few months after giving birth - it also went away when using antbiotic cream but reappeared 4 times before finally disappearing for good. It ended up being put down to hormones.

Welcome!

Mich45
23-10-13, 05:37
Well, I am no expert, but I am pretty positive that something caused by cancer wouldn't disappear while you were using a cream.

I've not experienced this exactly but I got spots very much as you describe around my chest a few months after giving birth - it also went away when using antbiotic cream but reappeared 4 times before finally disappearing for good. It ended up being put down to hormones.

Welcome!

Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and for sharing your own experience, I appreciate that! :)