PDA

View Full Version : really frightened and feeling really anxious

pepsi
22-10-13, 20:05
hi in a nut shell I had an xray on my arm last week as I had been suffering with a dull ache in the top of my arm for some time anyway as I thought xrays came back ok dr was concerened as I was that there was an indentation on the top of my arm that wasn't easy to explain so he wants to see me for some blood tests to rule out anything serious ..my anxiety got the better of me and I started saying like what etc ...anyway that was a week ago and since then the arm pain has subsided but I have been twitching around my chin area eyes twitching [ which I have had before] just feeling not happy in my skin fingers have been a bit shakey and I have tried to be rational about this ..then tonight I was sat on my knees upright if that makes sence dressing my daughter and I just could not steady myself atall legs were like jelly under me all twitching and qwivering I could not hold my balance and so had to sit down on them , since then I have been sitting like this to see what happens and it just keeps doing it now my legs don't feel right and like I have to really concentrate to walk on them properly ..I feel a wreck right now I really am panicking myself a lot over this and I am just so afraid there is something wrong with me something serious . please can someone offer some help ? thankyou :weep:

cpe1978
22-10-13, 20:30
I am no dr but this sounds like classic anxiety. Even in your post you can easily identify the stimulus and the reaction.

MOJO
22-10-13, 20:40
Hi Pepsi,
I'm sorry you are feeling so worried right now. It seems to me that you have just got your anxiety levels up since the problem with your arm and it's now affecting you in other ways.(twitching etc.) It's quite normal to feel your legs a bit wobbly and unbalanced when kneeling upright like that, but as soon as that worried you it was like a chain reaction which led to other "funny" feelings and then the "Oh no! I can't even walk properly!" It's just your over active imagination taking over. (Anxiety sufferers know all about that don't we?!:blush:) I'm sure you are fine and that there's nothing wrong with you. Try very hard to relax and calm down. (Easier said than done, I know!)
Hope you feel better soon.

Judy.x

pepsi
22-10-13, 20:44
Hi ...how do you mean the stimulous and the reaction..?; I do suffer with some anxietyvbut not overly obsessive about things.

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Hello judie ...thankyou for your post . Since the incident with my arm I have had strange twitching around my chin and lips. I cam feel twitching in my legs now as I type this to you....I dont know what to do about my anxieties ..ive never experienced this sort of reaction to anxiety before you see thats why I wasnt sure that it was .....xx

cpe1978
22-10-13, 20:53
I mean that the Dr so much as hinted that there may be something wrong, you get anxious, you start experiencing symptoms, you get more anxious etc etc. sorry typed my first reply swiftly as was putting my daughter to bed.

Fishmanpa
22-10-13, 20:56
The stimulus was your doctor wanting blood work to rule out anything serious.

By your own words it sent your anxiety into overdrive.

Then classic anxiety symptoms like muscle twitching and shakiness. Which got worse with your legs feeling weak and unsteady. Que in more anxiety and now your mind is making you think things are getting worse which in turn makes your anxiety worse.... it's an endless cycle when it gets going.

That's why things like CBT are effective as they train your mind to break the cycle.

Being that your x rays were fine, you're fine. Your doctor is doing what a good doctor should do by following through with a few simple blood tests. All will be well when they come out fine :)

Good Luck!

MOJO
22-10-13, 21:08
I have had lots of twitching and a million other reactions to my anxious state in the past. To be honest I think I have experienced every strange symptom that there is and then all of a sudden "Hey Presto!" one I'd never even thought of appears! :scared15: I'm sure that's all it is with you but obviously if it continues and you think it would reassure you then check it out with your doctor. Good luck.

Judy.

pepsi
22-10-13, 22:07
Thankyou for your comments . I hope youre right:)