PDA

View Full Version : Effects of standing too fast?

channie009
22-10-13, 21:49
Earlier on, about 3/4 hours ago, I stood up from cleaning something on the floor and I almost blacked out. I have problems when I get up too quickly most of the time, but this one was the worse one I've had.

Does anyone else still feel reaaaally crap in the head hours after standing up too quickly?

If anyone could help it'd be appreciated. I'm suppose to sleep in a few hours and there's a chance I won't sleep properly if i'm worrying about my head.

Fishmanpa
22-10-13, 21:56
What you describe is a totally normal phenomenon called Orthostatic Hypotension. It feels like a head rush or dizzy spell and is a form of hypotension, in which a person's blood pressure suddenly falls when standing up or stretching.

The symptom is caused by blood pooling in the lower extremities (sitting for an extended period of time for example) upon a change in body position. It is quite common and can occur briefly in anyone.

Good Luck

bamnesia
23-10-13, 05:55
happens to me all the time when I stand up too quickly ... doesn't last too long but if you get anxious about it, it can probably be anxiety after that Orthostatic Hypotension (I never knew what it was called before Fishmanpa said it)