PDA

View Full Version : breathlessness driving me mad -_-

eastofeden
22-10-13, 22:11
I went to the Dr about my breathlessness today, she measured my o2 saturation, was 97%...usually it's 98-99%...weird but she said nothing.

i had a d dimer and chest x ray done to rule out clots in the lung which thankfully came back clear.

i am a little worried this could be something heart related especially since I passed out but the Dr was very doubtful.

so im stuck with this yucky feeling that i can't breathe and it seems to be more severe over the last few days.

i am pretty relaxed and even if i was anxious it wouldnt last 5 days. i thought it was allergies but i feel out of puff even when breathing through the mouth and i don't have asthma.
bleh i feel pretty rubbish :( if she did an ecg or troponin test I could put it out of my mind completely. i can't stop thinking 'what if'. i really thought my health anxiety was gone!

Fishmanpa
22-10-13, 22:32
if she did an ecg or troponin test I could put it out of my mind completely.

But would you really? If the doctor had felt there was a reason to do so, it would have been done. An ECG/EKG and blood work to check troponin levels are only done when it's suspected you're having a heart attack. Obviously, that's not the case.

Good Luck!

lizzie29
22-10-13, 23:16
I used to get breathless and it was anaemia.

I've also heard of it being due to anxiety. And unfortunately the more you focus on it, the more apparent is seems.

eastofeden
22-10-13, 23:38
Hi, you know it's odd because Wednesday I had a blood test, maybe 4 or 5 vials removed, and started feeling breathless Friday morning. Then on Sunday I had another test for anaemia to figure out if it was causing breathlessness funnily enough, and it came back negative. But I was still very breathless.

I am really hoping this breathlessness and slight dizziness is related to the blood loss - it's the safest and only explanation I can come up with. and I really really hope it's right because then I wouldn't worry.

I have had 3 different blood tests this month so I hope it's related to that. Do you think it could account for the slightly lower o2 level?

I have heard non anemic people complain of being out of breath after giving blood. And apparently it can take 3-5 days to go away. I really hope it goes away!!!!

nomorepanic
22-10-13, 23:42
It is very common with anxiety and because you are not breathing correctly from the abdomen