PDA

View Full Version : Feeling in such a bad place

emeraldgirl
23-10-13, 08:04
I posted on here last week about my anxieties about the doctor's finding blood in my wee. When they sent it it to the hospital it came back negative and my full blood test was fine apart from my kidney function which is always low as I have moderate chronic kidney disease.I am still convinced there is something wrong so have bought some urine dipsticks. Every time I test my wee it comes back with blood showing - not even just a trace but on the part that says ' small'. I have passed through the menopause over two years ago so it's not that and I don't do vigorous exercise so its not that. Also I do sometimes have a real urgency to run for a wee, but not all the time. I am in pieces with worry and am fearing bladder cancer, bowel cancer, overly cancer , womb cancer or cancer of some other organ down in that area. I made such a fuss at the doctors last week that I dare not go back.i just can't carry on living with this level of anxiety - it's making me feel so ill.

Rennie1989
23-10-13, 09:37
The people who tested your urine and the blood test would have indicated cancer. If the doctors said there's nothing wrong (apart from the CKD) then you have nothing to worry about. Buying dipsticks won't eleviate your worries, clearly they are making you worse. Dipsticks can only test so much (glucose, ketones, blood, ph, specific gravity etc...).

Please believe you do not have cancer, like I said it would have been found in the blood tests.

HoneyLove
23-10-13, 09:57
Hi emeraldgirl, I have this all the time too, I don't think it's anything to worry a out.

I had to buy dipsticks because I was constantly getting cystitis and having the sticks at home meant I would know if it had turned into a UTI and needed to visit the doc - they saved me a lot of unnecessary doctors visitis. But they almost always showed up some form of blood in my urine, for the last few years.

As far as I know everything is normal with me, the doc never seemed concerned about it, so I don't worry about it. If your doc has checked everything out then you don't need to worry, try to let it go and stop checking your pee when it isn't necessary. X

emeraldgirl
23-10-13, 22:51
Thank you both so much for replying. I am trying to be rational. Wish I'd never bought the dipsticks. I can't seem to find anywhere on google about the blood viscosity test - my doctor says that if there was something bad going on it would mess with the levels of this test and mine was ok. Anyone ever heard this before?