PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Does it also happen to you?

GADandOCD
23-10-13, 09:04
Hello,

I've been experiencing all the anxiety symptoms over a year now, I have been scared of everything from developing schizophrenia to paranoia to being hypochondriac, developing diabetes...
Yesterday after I drank too much when I was out, I fell asleep for 2 hours then woke up checked my phone and went back to sleep, as I was trying to sleep, some scary images and faces starting popping into my mind and I was terrified.. This thing made me wonder if I'll be having hallucinations, or develop something very serious .. I am sure I wont become schizophrenic or paranoid or anything, but what was this? Why did I start imagining (eyes closed) scary faces and figures? PS: I do have a fear of the paranormal and these possession stuff..

Please is this also a part of anxiety or am I going astray to another serious mental illness... Please answer me I'm freaking out
Thank you

Rennie1989
23-10-13, 11:23
It sounds like anxiety that was exacerbated by the alcohol. Our minds do weird and wonderful things, more so under the influence.

GADandOCD
23-10-13, 11:28
Oh thank you Rennie, so it sure was nothing serious, I should stop surfing the internet coz I read something about starting hallucinations! It is not my case right? I mean when we have anxiety this is part of it?
:flowers:

MARK1971
23-10-13, 11:51
Hiya mate, terrifying images/thoughts are very much a symptom of our dear fiend anxiety and because we don't like them we do the classic thing and add fear on top the fear thus magnifying the images/thoughts.

The psychotic episodes you worrying about. The person experiencing them would not think they were abnormal so in essence take heart in the fact that you worrying about them!

Hope the above kinda makes sense????

GADandOCD
23-10-13, 12:05
Oh thank you very much Mark it does help, I was terrified I am developing hallucinations, or that I will not be able to sleep anymore, this is all because of surfing the net and finding people saying bull*** sometimes, if I were to hallucinate I would have had these episodes all the time, I never have them!!! I only have the fear of having them! And those faces were scary!!!! Too much horror movies in my childhood I guess and a fertile imagination!
But as long as you guys tell me it's anxiety then I'm ok

Tanner40
23-10-13, 12:32
This happens to me sometimes when I am trying to fall asleep. Images that just keep popping into my mind. Sometimes horrible things. Feels like a nightmare but I am fully awake. I always attributed it to my anxiety and my mind not being able to shut down. I would say if you find that it's not normal and slightly weird, then it's simple anxiety. It will all get better.

MARK1971
23-10-13, 12:43
Hiya don't surf the net as you will find all sort of horror stories about the descent into madness and it's consequences... It's an over active imagination fueled by anxiety. You won't turn into a knife yielding manic like Jason!!!!!!

GADandOCD
23-10-13, 12:50
Lol, thanks Tanner and Mark.. Well yes it is only this I am fully aware of it..

I even didn't give it much attention at night but when I surfed the net seeing someone saying that it may be start of hallucination I was like Hein???????? But well, I don't have any and I am always afraid so it is just anxiety and since you all experience such things then I wish we all get better days with this damned anxiety!!

Liviguy
25-10-13, 11:24
I get this a lot. When I am in bed with my eyes shut I can see some scary faces coming towards me. Weird or what lol.

GADandOCD
25-10-13, 21:35
Thanks Liviguy, well yea very scary lol, I just accept everything but not schizophrenia!!! I hope it's like everyone says it's impossible to happen and we only scare ourselves!
Best wishes man

Rosie2
25-10-13, 23:14
Alcohol and me do not mix well - it makes my mind wander a lot, usually to bad things which make me more anxious! :doh: