PDA

View Full Version : Ciao People

cpe1978
23-10-13, 19:26
Evening all,

I have decided that after tonight I am going to try and stop visiting this forum as I firmly believe that in a way it is keeping me locked in a place where it is ok to seek constant reassurance which I know is not helpful to recovering from anxiety.

However I couldn't leaves without saying a sincere thank you for all the support I have received on here. Some people's posts have been genuinely sanity saving.

I dare say I will pop back, hopefully when I am in a completely better place and able to help other people.

Good luck everyone,

rebeccad
23-10-13, 19:29
Good luck and well done your right it's a fab site wouldn't knock it at all , It literally has been the only place I've been able to express my worries but it is sometimes a substitute for google as you type your symptoms into the search bar instead , let us know how you get on when your feeling better x

cpe1978
23-10-13, 19:32
Completely agree it is a lifesaver and actually have met some wonderful people who ill stay in touch with. For me though it can only take me so far, and I have to reach a point where I don't think about health or health anxiety constantly.

Good luck to you too, I firmly believe that everyone will have their time when it feels right to get better.

Fishmanpa
23-10-13, 19:36
Best of luck to you cpe... You have been one of the more rational voices on the boards.

Positive thoughts and prayers!

roxy90
23-10-13, 19:41
Good luck cpe, have a feeling you wont need it though x

katesa
23-10-13, 19:52
I totally understand.

Don't imagine for one second that means you are getting rid of me though .

HoneyLove
23-10-13, 19:55
Good luck cpe! I hope if you do coke back that it's to share your own tips & to help those who are trying to make it through anxiety troubles :)

Over the years I have learned a lot about dealing with anxiety, if you'd like any tips to work on instead of visiting here just send a PM.

Wishing you all the best :) xxx

cpe1978
23-10-13, 19:56
Is that the bushes I can see twitching outside Katie. ;)

Roxy - as will you, eventually you will see the pattern and look back and wonder how your brain worked for a while..

Fishmanpa - your posts have helped me more than you could possibly imagine. I sincerely wish you the very best with your continued recovery and hope that when my time comes to face health adversity that I cope with it half as well as you have. I also hope that you continue to hang around here as so many people benefit from a rational non HA voice.

katesa
23-10-13, 19:59
Is that the bushes I can see twitching outside Katie. ;)

Did nobody tell you twitching is a symptom of anxiety? :scared15:

cpe1978
23-10-13, 19:59
Good luck cpe! I hope if you do coke back that it's to share your own tips & to help those who are trying to make it through anxiety troubles :)

Over the years I have learned a lot about dealing with anxiety, if you'd like any tips to work on instead of visiting here just send a PM.

Wishing you all the best :) xxx

Honey, absolutely would love any tips. I have a plan, just need to discipline to follow it now. But you sound like you are talking from experience so please if you have time PM me any thoughts.

At the moment I intend to:

- continue CBT
- stop avoiding triggers
- face my fears head on
- start exercising more again
- spoil my kids
- watch Plymouth Argyle which in honesty puts everything in perspective

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Did nobody tell you twitching is a symptom of anxiety? :scared15:

Arrrrrgghhhhhhh!

HoneyLove
23-10-13, 20:03
Sounds like you have a great plan there, getting proactive in enjoying your time and facing your anxiety. You'll find that you're much stronger than you think :)

I'll send you a PM so, I'm on sick keave from work at the moment so I've lots of free time & it's well spent if it means helping someone with their own struggle :)

roxy90
23-10-13, 20:10
I meant that you won't need any luck because you seem like you have it all sorted, best of luck, hope I can follow your footsteps :)x

Karol.Papis
26-10-13, 17:51
I think it is really brave that you decided to try something new! Let us all know how effective you have found it! All the best with your efforts :D