PDA

View Full Version : stomach and anxiety cant take much more

tracieann
23-10-13, 20:36
just feel so desperately sad and low and permanantly anxious and afraid i have had stomach probs for ten years now on and off but much worse in the last five years been diagnosed with gastritis and duodenitis in the last two endocopies in 2009 and 2012 i feel nauseous so easily i really feel crap somtimes i take 15mg lansoprazole a day and 40mg of citalopram i suffer from anxiety depression OCD health anxiety cancer phobia and physical problems too i get so down because im sure the anxiety makes the gut problems worse out of 7 days i feel nauseous for at least 5 its getting on top of me why wont it just stop i start ruminating about cancer in my tummy feel sick dont eat much lose weight worry more dont eat lose more weight round and round it goes ami ever gonna have a normal life again:emot-crying:

wanttobehealthy
23-10-13, 20:49
I can relate about the weight loss so badly!! i keep losing weight because lack of apetite thats caused by anxiety ... and thats a never ending cycle!! Very frustrating
What helps me is telling myself that good dietis the key to give my body strentgh and i just FORCE myself to eat more
Also go see a dietitian that will set up menu for gaining weight and your sensitive stomach

HoneyLove
23-10-13, 20:51
Tracieann that sounds horrible, the nausea that comes with gastritis can be so nasty, it usually hits me in the mornings and makes me gag for a little while after waking.

Are you looking after yourself by avoiding food & drinks that are bad for sensitive stomachs?

Are you doing anything else to help with the anxiety apart from taking your meds?

A couple of things really helped me with my gastritis problems:

- Aloe Vera juice & manuka honey, a teaspoonful of each taken twice a day on an empty stomach, they both really help to soothe the stomach.

- Probiotics taken with breakfast.

- Plenty of water and avoiding caffeine & fizzy drinks in particular.

- Stress relief techniques to help your stomach muscles relax and reduce acidity.

Make sure if you decide to take any supplements that they are compatible with the meds that you are on :)

tracieann
23-10-13, 21:28
wanttobehealthy and honeylove many thanks for your replies its as if i havent much control i try to tell myself its my anxiety but it wont help i have thrown up about 4 times in 4years so its not proper illness as in bugs or viruses its caused by me fretting and making acid gastritis worse i hate the nausea so much its horrible but i know im making it at least 40 per cent worse thanks for the dietary tips aloe vers etc i tried manuka honey but gave up after a month as i noticed no difference i know i have to get this under control as its ruining my life so much take care:wacko: