PDA

View Full Version : high blood pressure, is it brain tumour?

noangeluk
23-10-13, 21:04
I've been constantly worrying about brain tumour and today I had my blood pressure tested 160/94 its really high. im so worried I have a brain tumour

nomorepanic
23-10-13, 21:26
High blood pressure does not mean a brain tumour

Who tested it and what have they advised?

Also a one-off high reading does not mean it is high all the time

roxy90
23-10-13, 21:40
Is there a link between the two? Ive never heard of that (and ive done lots of googling!). High blood pressure is quite common, brain tumors are quite rare.

Besides that Nicola is right, a one off reading doesn't mean its.high all the time. Mine is usually fine but one time the reading was too high.

I really wouldn't worry at all, you would have other neurological symptoms not to do with blood pressure.

You'll be fine.(wishing I could take my own advice!)

matrix123
24-10-13, 10:41
There's really no connection between high blood pressure and BT. Myself I've been dealing with BT scare lately and I've read lots of stuff about it (unfortunately) and high blood pressure it's definitely not one of the symptoms.

First you have to measure the blood pressure several times and if it comes high several times you can do a 24h holter monitor

Wombat Overlord
25-10-13, 10:54
I've seen you post a ton of stuff about BT scares recently, man. Honestly I think you should just get an MRI so you can know once and for all that it's all in your head (or that it's actually NOT in your head haha).

ricardo
25-10-13, 14:07
Nic is absolutely right and in fact blood pressure varies every minute of the day.Even your single reading is high but nowhere near being extremely high.
Get piece of mind if you are worried and get a BP wrist machine and take your BP two or three times with 5/10 minut intervals, keep a note say for a week and if you are still worried see your gp (you BP will go through the roof at the surgery,known as white coat syndrome, which is normal) and he/she will advise you of any treatment if any at all.

Freddiemercury
26-10-13, 02:59
I work in neuro and honestly I've never heard of BP being associated with brain tumors. High BP is such an non-specific symptom anyway, but I especially don't think it has anything to do with tumors.