PDA

View Full Version : been to see a haematologist yesterday

kimballs
24-10-13, 10:13
Hi all, yesterday I went to see a Haematologist at the queens hospital in romford essex.
I have been waiting along time for this appointment as my G.P was not very concerned of my matter. since last june I have felt at least 6/7 lymph nodes in my groin each side all oval and move,
However this has caused me such stress over the past 18 months,
YES I have prod them and made more come up:shrug:
I have also noticed i have a small node on my left side of my neck that family said they can not see it until you point it out, and feel for it. But to me its there and feels big
Haematologist saw me for about 5 mins think i done the wrong thing as i took in letters from private hospital as scan reports for her to see,
her words were the scan you had done in april to octobers scan shows no change in size and the node on my neck is small did not seem intrested at ALL and discharge me there and then...
her words were come back if there grow as we do not biopsy nodes under 2cm ... if i was to have a low grade cancer she said there would had been some change in size even now, which i can understand but back last june there was only 3/4 lymph nodes each side, now there is more but still not big enough...

what I'am asking do you think that more glands come up through keep touching them as i have check them alot as i;m so scared, there changing I feel as if its awaiting game.. she also told me that I;am right it does not show up in your bloods....which all my bloods are fine apart from feeling these lymph nodes :lac:
please help i feel as if i'm back to square one... and dealing with a new pregnancy as well its hard not to stress, just need some reassuring :weep:

rebeccad
24-10-13, 11:57
Why don't you try not to touch them for a week, easier said than done believe me I know, give yourself a day next week like next Friday and you won't touch them until then, after 2 or 3 days you won't feel the urge anymore , I was Stuck in a cycle if taking my bold pressure constantly and when I broke the cycle it got easier , just give it a go , you've got nothing to lose have you? Then if in a week they've gone down you'll know that it's because your messing with them , good luck x

LE
24-10-13, 12:17
I saw a haematologist who ran blood test which had cancer markers, ones specifically for lymphoma etc. all were fine.

I think the thing is that everyone has nodes and some are easier to feel than others. As she said they are not interested in nodes less than 2cm and they have not grown.

I know it's hard but you need to stop touching an looking for them.

There is a saying 'seek and you shall find'

Did she examin you?

kimballs
24-10-13, 13:58
Hi Le yes she did examin me but she didn't say to much:shrug: only that unless they were growing much bigger they would not do anything about them. But today, the one on the side of my neck you can now see where it is:unsure: as she had a good hard prod,
also said it was small,
I just feel like i waited 28 days for this appointment when made, to be told go home, I feel i shouldn't of taken any scans with me. and just maybe she would had done some test herself:shrug:

Fishmanpa
24-10-13, 15:24
I just feel like i waited 28 days for this appointment when made, to be told go home

Have you thought about why that is?

Good Luck!

kimballs
24-10-13, 15:31
really sorry but what do you mean

JustBenn
24-10-13, 15:45
Have you thought about why that is?

Good Luck!

Do you mean, if you get sent home after docs checked everything, does it mean its not serious?

kimballs
24-10-13, 16:01
yes, i just wanted someone on the outside to shed some light:)

Fishmanpa
24-10-13, 16:09
Do you mean, if you get sent home after docs checked everything, does it mean its not serious?

Absolutely! :) You're fine and that's awesome!

Good Luck!

kimballs
24-10-13, 16:23
Thank you Fishmanpa:hugs: