PDA

View Full Version : An old friend told me he used to have a massive crush on me.

GirlAfraid23
24-10-13, 14:30
I'm now worried that it will be weird between us. We are supposed to be seeing each other for the first time in ages next week.
I don't know why but things like this make me anxious.
I'm not sure why he is telling me now either all the years later.

Down_Lo
24-10-13, 17:24
Hi,

I know how you feel, I've been single now for just over a year and people are now starting to tell me to move on and that I should start seeing someone etc.

I'm not hung up on the ex but I just dont think I have the confidence to start up a new relationship just now. Feel anxious just thinking about it, the going for a meal or the pics etc and getting over the small talk.
Used to quite like the honeymoon period at the start but now the awkwardness would kill me! :)

I'm not sure why he has waited so long to tell you but he's maybe just finally plucked the courage to say.

There was a girl i worked with a few years ago and wasn't until I left and she found out I was single decided to txt me out the blue and tell me, I had no clue she felt that way! That was 4 years including a year away from my last workplace before she told me.

I would go for it, it might be a bit weird but at least you have the comfort of knowing them first rather than a complete stranger.

Annie0904
24-10-13, 18:36
I'm now worried that it will be weird between us. We are supposed to be seeing each other for the first time in ages next week.
I don't know why but things like this make me anxious.
I'm not sure why he is telling me now either all the years later.

I wouldn't worry about it, He has told you he HAD a crush on you, that doesn't mean he still has. Someone once said the same to me and I thought nothing of it. He knew I was in a relationship. We still chat sometimes and nothing more has been said about it. I am guessing he knows that you are in a relationship now too?

Fishmanpa
24-10-13, 19:54
I wouldn't worry about it, He has told you he HAD a crush on you, that doesn't mean he still has. Someone once said the same to me and I thought nothing of it. He knew I was in a relationship. We still chat sometimes and nothing more has been said about it. I am guessing he knows that you are in a relationship now too?

That was my thought... you should be flattered :) and when he looks at you with that "look" you know he still feels all tingly inside... nothing wrong with that! I've had it happen to me from an old female friend and I was quite flattered. It was good for my ego too! ~lol~

Go have a good time!

GirlAfraid23
24-10-13, 20:31

True.
Yes he does know. But he keeps saying things like: "I've accepted I will be alone all my life, I'm unlucky in love blah blah" making me feel very guilty.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

That was my thought... you should be flattered :) and when he looks at you with that "look" you know he still feels all tingly inside... nothing wrong with that! I've had it happen to me from an old female friend and I was quite flattered. It was good for my ego too! ~lol~

Go have a good time!

I am flattered of course I am but I just feel uncomfortable when we meet up as he might try something on or whatever and I'm with someone now.
I'm just over thinking things as usual!!

Annie0904
24-10-13, 21:01
If he makes you feel uncomfortable them maybe you shouldn't be meeting up with him.

mikewales
25-10-13, 07:39
Just see how it goes if you meet him, make it clear you aren't interested if he does make any approaches, and just keep it friendly